Chapter 5

Joes POV

I rushed to throw a shirt on, hopping while putting on my shoes. I ran out the house. I stopped suddenly, hearing my phone ring. Diannes name popped up on screen. I quickly picked up.
"Di, where are you?" I asked, panic laced in my voice.
"I-im b-behind the building....." i could hear her sobs down the phone.
"Stay on the phone...." i said before running to the block of flats. I ran through the carpark and behind the building. Dianne was curled up in a ball, with only a t shirt and shorts, the tiny girl shivering.

Diannes POV

I glaced up, seeing Joe running over and pulling me into a hug.
"What happened?" He asked, clearly worried.
"M-my aunt...." i sobbed, crying into my hands.
"S-she woke up s-still drunk......i-i got away before she hurt me....." i whined, joe picking me up like i was nothing but a feather.
"Mum wont mind if you stay the night." He said softly. "However, were gonna need to get some stuff, you can come with me to school." He offered. I nodded quickly, however i didnt want to go back in.
"M-my Windows open still.....w-we can climb through....." I sniffed. I lived on the second floor, so we were able to climb onto the bins outside, joe hoisting me up. I climbed into my room and grabbed my broken school bag. Luckily it was a decent size, and i got my uniform in, toiletries and other necessities. I put the bag on my back, climbing out and jumping down. Joe caught me so i didnt hit the bin too hard and made a crash. We got down, quickly walking back to joes.

When we got there, we took one step into the house before his mother ran over. Id never properly met her.
"Joseph where have you been?!" She gasped, running over and hugging him.
"Dianne needed help." He panted.
"Dianne....?" She looked down at me, and i gave her a shy wave.
"Joe how come ive never met her?" His mother asked.
"Weve only recently become friends....and shes now my girlfriend." He put an arm round me. "Is it okay if she stayed the night?"
"Of course it is." She smiled at me. "Well it was lovely to meet you dianne, and maybe on the weekend we can talk and properly meet. However you have school tomorrow, so you should get to bed." Joe went to take me up to his room but his mum stopped us.
"Joseph, dont do anything stupid." She said, joe rolling his eyes before nodding.
"We werent going to mum." He chuckled, putting an arm around me before we walked upstairs.
"I can sleep on the floor." Joe said softly.
I shook my head.
"I-i dont wanna be alone." I sniffed. Joe nodded, taking off his shirt before laying down. He smiled and patted the bed. I laid down, curling up in a ball.
"Youre gonna be alright." He whispered, pulling me into a hug.

Joes POV

Dianne didnt take long to fall asleep. She nuzzled into my chest, snoring lightly, her hair splayed out on the pillow. I smiled, gently playing with the ends of her hair.
"Youre gonna be alright Di....." i whispered before beginning to fall asleep myself.

~The Next Morning~

I woke up to my alarm, stretching after i sat up. Dianne was already awake, sitting as my desk, putting her hair in two plats that fell over either shoulder. I walked over, wrapping my arms around her.
"Why are you up so early?" I smiled, yawning.
"Im an early bird." She giggled, putting her blazer on before getting some cheap, sweet smelling spray. I smiled before grabbing my uniform, going to the bathroom. I showered before getting dressed. Dianne knocked softly, waiting for me to open the door. She giggled, holding her toothbrush. I let her in before walking to the sink grabbing my own toothbrush. She reached for the toothpaste, however i lifted it up and held it high so she couldnt reach.
"Whats the magic word?" I asked with a smirk.
"Pweese?" She asked, giving me adorable puppy dog eyes.
"Its abra cadabra, but youre cute so ill let it slide." I handed it to her before using it myself.

When we finished getting ready, we grabbed our bags, saying goodbye to my mother before grabbing my keys and leaving. I reached for her hand, taking a hold of it as we began walking to school. People went past, some of the random kids looking shocked, knowing what i used to do to her. I smiled, looking down at the australian girl. I looked up, seeing a group of blondes walking over.
"Incoming barbie dolls." I heard dianne whisper, making me laugh.
"JOE!" The 'leader' Scarlett walked over, looking as slutty as ever today.
"What?" I asked, dianne stepping a little closer.
"What are YOU doing with someone like her.' The feme scoffed, dianne looking down. "She looks like dorathy." She sniggered.
"Dorathys hair is brown. So when you get an education, come back." I pushed her off me, walking off with my arm on Diannes waist.
"Ignore her, shes nothing but a whore." I said, dianne nodding, reajusting her bag.

We soon made it to school, Oli looking over with a smile. The boys turned round, looking from me, to dianne, then back to me.
"Errr joe....?" Caspar looked confused.
I could see dianne get a lot more nervous, i could feel her shaking under my touch.
"What?" I glared at him. "From now on, dianne is part of our group now okay?" I said, making it rather clear.

Diannes POV

I looked up at joe and smiled. I gave a small smile to Oli and Byron. The others didnt seem too keen at first, but i understood. It was like being thrown in the deep end. Its okay, theyd hopefully get used to me soon. Joe, oli and byron liked me anyway, so that was alright. The bell soon went. Joe kissed my forehead before walking off to tutor with some of the boys. I walked to tutor with oli, conor and mikey. They surprisingly warmed up to me rather quickly. We all sat down, and i joined in their conversation for the first time.
"How about we all hang out after school?" Conor asked, all of us agreeing.
"You know, youre not too bad dianne." Mikey smiled. "We apologise for everything weve done to you." He sighed.
"I forgive you." I smiled sweetly. "And id love to hang out. Im not sure if josh and caspar are too convinced about me yet."
"Theyll warm up to you." Oli smiled, grabbing his bag when the bell went.

~After School~

Joes POV

We all waites for dianne, and the red head soon ran over. She looked up at me, jumping up and kissing my cheek.
"Weve decided on going to the cinema, you down for that?" Josh asked.
"Sounds good to me." She giggled, holding onto my hand.

We took a while to walk to the cinema, since oli and dianne had been messing around in the pile of leaves. I smiled and took a picture of dianne, setting it as my background. We soon got there, walking in and getting tickets for Halloween. We got our drinks and snacks, dianne holding the bag of popcorn, caspar having the sweets and Oli had the drinks. We sat at the top.
"You can hold my hand if you get scared." I chuckled, handing dianne her bottle of water. We turned our phones off, the lights dimming and the film beginning.

~After the film~

Diannes POV

The film terrified me, but joe let me hide in his shoulder when i needed. We left the cinema, caspar on joshs back. We were all laughing, and for once i felt....safe. Felt like i belonged somewhere. We all laughed. I got on joes back, whining a little.
"Joe can you take me home...?" I asked. I knew be didnt want me going home but i had to. He nodded and sighed, all of us walking to his. Conor and Jack were messing around like brothers do.

When we got there, i jumped off joes back. I smiled, pulling him into a hug.
"Message me if you need to." He said before giving me a quick kiss.
"Ill see you tomorrow." I giggled before walking inside. When i got in, my aunt was sober, telling me she was going to bed. Luckily she was leaving me alone for the evening.

I changed when i got into my room, hiding my phone before laying down, hugging one of my pillows as i fell into a dreamless sleep.

A/N

I go back to school next week, so updates will be slower however i wont leave this book.