Chapter 28

*Warning: Blood, and gory details through the first part of the chapter*

Diannes POV

I sat Joe down in the bathroom, grabbing the first aid kid. His lip was bleeding badly, the blood dripping onto his school shirt. I gently dabbed it away, apologising over and over since he continued to hiss or whine in pain.
"Im sorry." I whispered, clearing away the last of the blood away from his lip, actually being able to see the gash doing down his bottom lip. I teared up a little but blinked away the tears. I helped him take off his blazer and tie before unbuttoning his shirt. When he slipped it off I gasped, seeing shallow but a lot of cuts across his stomach that were still bleeding. "Who on earth did this!" I whined, clearing away the blood before grabbing a disinfectant wipe to clean the wounds.
"Ahhh fuck!" He hissed and I apologised.
"M-Melony....." he sighed. "She jumped me on the way home....." he finally told me. I stayed quiet, finally finishing cleaning the wounds before bandaging them up. I stood up, helping him up and walking to his room with him.
"Shes clearly angry that we got her expelled. Shes after revenge." I said, sitting him down, kissing his forehead before going to his wardrobe and taking out a shirt, giving it to him. Joe nodded before smiling at me.
"Have you been wearing my clothes all day?" He asked and I nodded, a light blush dusting my cheeks.
"Its cute. You look good in my clothes." He smiled, gently hugging me.
"Im gonna try sleep, so I dont feel the pain." He sighed and carefully laid down. "Lay with me?" He asked and I nodded, laying down next to him. I could soon hear his soft snores and smiled, kissing his forehead before grabbing my phone. I went to instagram, making a group chat with me and the boys (not including joe).

Dianne: Hey guys
Josh: Hey Di
Caspar: Bonjour
Byron: Hola
Mikey: Hi
Jack: Hello dear friend of mine
Conor: Jack youre so weird
Dianne: Joe got jumped by Melony.
Caspar: WHAT?!
Josh: Is he hurt?
Dianne: Yeah. His lip was gushing and he has cuts all over his stomach and sides.
Jack: Need us to come over?
Dianne: Please. Hes asleep but Im scared. What if it gets worse? Infected?
Oli: Di, we will be there in about 10.
Josh: Bye guys.

I turned my phone off, gently brushing some of Joes hair away from his eyes while he slept. I gently brushed my finger over the large cut in his bottom lip.
"Oh Joe..." I sniffled. "T-this is my fault....a-anyone I care about g-gets hurt." I wiped my eyes, being quiet enough not to wake him up.

I soon heard a knock on the door and walked downstairs, wiping my eyes before I opened it. Oli pulled my into a hug and I cried into his shoulder.
"Where is he?" Caspar asked, gently rubbing my arm.
"H-his room...." I sniffed and he nodded, the rest of the boys quietly following Caspar upstairs. I walked up with Oli, the taller male rubbing my shoulder comfortingly. We walked into his room and I broke down crying again, however this time he woke up. He struggled to sit up, looking around before seeing me. He didnt have to say anything, only opened his arms and I walked over, being pulled into a careful hug.
"Hey, hey calm down." He cooed, kissing my cheek. I sat next to him, listening to the boys talking.
"Joe, what happened?"
"While I was walking home Melony jumped out of no where and dragged my away from the path so no one saw. She punched me hard enough for my lip to start bleeding before untucking my shirt and using a knife to cut my stoma-"
"Stop!" I cried. "I-I cant h-hear it." I sobbed into his shoulder. He stopped explaining, holding me close, helping me calm down.

Joes POV

Seeing Dianne in this state broke my heart. I hated seeing her cry. I continued to calm her down until she was asleep on me.
"So wanna continue?" Caspar asked.
"Yeah, she cut my stomach before telling me shed come for Dianne next. I don't want to scare Dianne, but for her safety I was at least one of us to be with her at all times, except showering and going to the bathroom etc." I said and they all nodded.
"Just until we know Melony is out of our way, then things can go back to normal." I added.
"Thats fine." Oli smiled. "She has her dance competition in a few days, some of us can stay backstage with her and stay there when she goes on and comes off so shes not left wanting around the back of the stage alone." He said and I nodded.
"We can stay back stage with her." I told him. "The rest of you can watch from the audience." I smiled. Dianne nuzzled her head against me, taking a deep breath and smiling a little in her sleep.
"Thats adorable." Jack smiled and I blushed a little.
"Shes adorable." I chuckled, kissing her forehead. The aussie girl soon woke up, not moving though, and if she did it was to move closer to me.
"Joe! Im home!" I heard my mum call.
"Do I tell her?" I asked and the boys nodded.
"Yeah." Oli said, Dianne asleep on my again.
"Casp, can you go get her for me, sleeping beauty isnt going to move." I laughed a little and he nodded.

A couple minutes later he came back with my mum, who gasped just seeing my lip.
"Thats not all." I sighed, lifting my shirt for her to see the bandages Dianne had applied which covered the cuts. She sat down, kissing my forehead.
"Oh Joseph." She sighed, side hugging me since:
1. She didnt want to hurt me
2. Dianne was clinging to me in the most adorable way.
"Who did this?" She asked.
"Did I ever mention a girl called Melony?" I asked.
"You may have, I dont think so."
"She bullied Dianne, and she was always after me. Since we got her caught and she got expelled, shes out for revenge. She said Dianne was next." I sighed and she nodded.
"No one is touching that girl. Not after everything shes been though." My mother smiled.
"Ill cook for everyone. I know this lot wont leave." She laughed. I swear my mum was better friends with my friends than I was. They all loved her and to her they were all her kids too. She soon left, and Dianne soon woke back up.
"Im hungry." She pouted.
"Well my mums cooking dinner now." I laughed and she kissed my cheek.
"Did she see?"
"Yeah I told her." I sighed and Dianne nodded.
"You better not get hurt again." She puffed her cheeks out with her arms crossed. I chuckled and squished her cheeks, the boys laughing a little. "Because I cant kiss you until your lip doesnt hurt." She giggled.
"Oh no, what a shame."
"Youll just have to make up for lost time when its healed." Jack laughed and I rolled my eyes, but smiled seeing Dianne blush.
"Youll learn that Jack is the manwhore of the group." I laughed and Jack gasped.
"Shush."
"Its true." Conor smirked and the two brothers were soon wrestling each other on the floor.
"What a bunch of children." Dianne laughed, and about 5 minutes later my mum called us downstairs. Dianne helped me up and walked downstairs with me. We all sat down in the living room, eating the pizza my mum cooked. Meaning we all had to practically fight Caspar for a slice, but he gave me one because Im hurt. It soon got dark since it was now winter, and the boys soon left. Before me and Dianne went back upstairs, she grabbed some painkillers for me, taking them up with her. We laid down on my bed, Dianne resting her head on my shoulder.
"I love you."
"I love you too."