Chapter 7

~Includes fluff so, prepare~

Diannes POV

Today was friday, and school seemed to drag on even longer without Joe there. At lunch or break we were practically sat in silence. Mikey or jack would try crack a few jokes but no one really laughed. It just seemed.....dead almost.

The end of the day soon rolled around, and i rushed to get home. I unlocked the door, emptying my bag and putting in some overnight things. I grabbed the phone joe gave me and smiled, telling him id be there soon. I zipped up my broken back and carefully put it on my back. I took my keys, leaving the house and locking the door before making my way to Joe's.

It took me around 10 mintues to get there, however when i knocked the door was flung open. The teen smiled and hugged me tightly, kissing my forehead.
"Hey little red." He said sweetly. "The families out shopping, theyll be back in a few hours." He said, letting me in before closing the door.
"So how was school?" He asked as we walked up to his room.
"Dead. No one was happy." I sighed, sitting down on his bed. He nodded and sat next to me, putting an arm round my shoulders.
"They deserved it. They shouldnt have gone that far." He said, hugging me protectively. It made me smile a little.
"Youre going to be the one that apologises." I said, looking up to him. He paused before nodding.
"Youre right." He smiled, kissing my forehead.
"Anyway, you wanna watch a film?" He asked, opening a draw on his bed side table which was filled with dvds. My eyes lit up, pulling out IT from the draw. It was the new version, not the older one. "Can we watch this?" I smiled, since id always wanted to see it. He nodded, walking over to his tv and put it in before going downstairs. He came back a minute later with snacks and two drinks. He turned off the lights and closed the curtains, sitting next to me. I smiled when the film started, resting my head on his shoulder.

There were parts of the film that made me jump, joe laughing each time, rubbing my arm to comfort me. I smiled, nuzzling my head into his side. The film soon drew to a close, and not long after there was a knock at the door.
"Hey joe." Zoe walked in. "Hey dianne." She smiled. "Mum said dinners ready so you need to come down." She said sweetly before walking off. We got up and walked downstairs hand in hand, sitting down at their table.
"So Dianne, whats it like in australia?" His mum asked.
"Very hot." I giggled. "Its really nice over there, except for the spiders. Dont like them." I smiled. His family nodded, asking a few more questions before dinner soon finished. Zoe had left to go to her boyfriend Alfies, and Joes parents were downstairs.  We went back up to his room, giggling as we messed around. He began tickling my sides, causing me to burst out in laughter.
"Stop!" I squealed yet he refused to. I managed to get away and hid under his bed, giggling as he grabbed my feet.
"You cant hide!" He laughed and tickled my feet, causing me to laugh. I got out from under his bed and he smiled, pulling me in for a hug. "Youre adorable when you giggle." He said softly, causing me to blush. We sat back on his bed. He turned on his xbox, handing me one of the controllers.
"How do i play?" I asked.
"Ill show you." He sat behind me, placing his hands over mine as we began to play. He never told me what the game was called, however i enjoyed it anyway. He soon left me to play on my own, connecting the other controller and playing with me. I pouted when he killed me.
"Thats not fair!" I huffed and crossed my arms.
"Aww dont be upset." He said, pulling me into a hug, giving me a small kiss. "Its not my fault im just better at it than you!"
"Well im better at dance!"
"Yeah ill give you that." He laughed, but refused to let me go from my hug. We cuddled for a while before joe went to go shower. I smiled and sat down, playing music from his phone. I stood up, listening carefully to the song before aimlessly dancing around. I slowed to a stop, hearing joe clap.
"I got for a minute and youre dancing." He laughed and walked over to me, giving me a hug.
"You can go shower now." He patted my head. I grabbed my pjs and a towel, walking over to the bathroom.

Joes POV

I looked at my phone and sighed. I picked it up and paused the music. I went to instagram, going into my dms. I went to the chat with me, josh and caspar. I videocalled it, putting it down on my desk and sitting down. Caspar picked up first, and josh did not long after. We sighed, looking at each other through the screens.
"Im sorry." We all said in sync, causing us to laugh.
"That wasnt odd at all." I chuckled, the boys nodding.
"I guess it was wrong of us to go that far." Caspar said.
"Sorry for breaking your nose josh."
"I deserved it." He said.
We talked about some other things, having forgiven each other. I turned round and smiled, seeing the red head walk in wearing shorts and a t shirt. I smiled as she sat on my lap.
"Hey." She smiled to the boys, sneezing.
"Bless you." I smiled as she leant into me.
I continued talking to the boys until they had to go. I hung up.
"Hey di-" i paused, realising the girl had fallen asleep on me. I stood up, carrying her over to the bed. I laid her down, then clearing everything else off it before laying down next to her, pulling the duvet over the two of us.

I soon drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

~The Next Morning~

Surprisingly, i woke up before dianne. However when i looked down i sighed. I kissed her forehead and got up. I walked to the bathroom and turned the shower on. I walked back into my room and gently shook her awake. The female looked up at me confused when i told her the shower was on for her. She glaced down at the bed sheet and blushed embarrassed.
"Dont worry." I kissed her forehead, helping her up. She hugged herself, leaning against me.
"Go take as long as you want in the shower." I cooed. She nodded and hugged me, grabbing her towel and walking to my bathroom. She soon threw out the dirty clothes. I put them in the washing machine along with me sheets. Periods never bothered me. I guess growing up with an older sister helped with that. I walked into my mums bathroom and grabbed a couple pads and some tampons, telling dianne they were outside the door. I put sheets on my bed. After a while, i heard the shower turn off and the door open. About five minutes later, dianne walked in wearing one of my hoodies and some of her shorts. She sat down and i kissed her forehead.
"You can sleep now, im heading to the shop. Ill be back in about 10 minutes." I smiled and put my shoes on. I grabbed some money and walked to the store at the end of my road. I grabbed another box of tampons, a few bars of chocolate and a tub of ice cream.

When i got home i put the ice cream in the freezer and chocolate in the fridge. I put water in the kettle and put it on. I walked bacl up to my room to see dianne asleep. I put the box of tampons on my desk and kissed her forehead. When the kettle was done i went back downstairs and put the hot water in a hot water bottle, putting it in a fluffy case before taking it upstairs with the chocolate. I sat down which caused her to wake. She looked at me and hugged me.
"Youre so sweet." She whispered, taking the hot waterbottle and chocolate. I smiled and pulled her into my lap. She snuggled against me as i turned my tv on. I put on a random film, the two of us watching it. Dianne smiled.
"Im surprised you didnt get grossed out."
"Its a natural thing, nothing gross about it." I said softly, playing with her hair gently. I combed my fingers through her red locks.
"You remind me of a princess."
"Princess Ariel?" She giggled and i nodded.
"Think its the hair?" I joked. She looked up at me and offered some chocolate. Just as i went to take it she moved her hand away and ate it herself. I gasped, pretending to be sad.
"No!" She pouted and kissed my cheek before giving in and giving me some chocolate. I smiled and ate it before kissing her gently. She focused back on the film, leaning against my chest.
"You come back?"
"Wednesday." I huffed.
"Wednesday is halloween?"
"Yeah, day of the festival. Youre going right?"
"Ill have to ask my aunt but hopefully." She smiled brightly. I nodded, pulling the blankets over her. She curled up on me, leaning against my chest as she began to fall asleep.

How did I not notice how perfect she was straight away?