Chapter 2 Page 3

I look to see Ethan. I would just walk faster, run, or act like I don't see him, but I know how fast he walks.

With that I just stop and sit down on the line of bricks I was walking along.

I feel my breathing which is going fairly fast from leaving the house. I try to focus on calming it. Finally I see him reach me he just sits down.

Just sitting beside me. He didn't even look at me. It was like he couldn't. "Did you just come here to piss me off or-"

"I'm sorry," he said still not looking at me. "You're sorry? That's funny for making me feel like shit twice today, letting one of your bitches fuck with me or for fucking hitting me" I ask aggressively.

"For all of it." he said still not looking at me. "Why do you keep doing that?" I ask him. "Doing what?" He asked clueless.

"You won't look me, you haven't looked at me every since we talked at school," I said calling him out on it. "I don't know, I can't I guess. If I do then I'll have to deal with it." He responded. "Deal with what?" I asked putting my hand on his thigh.

"We should get going" is all he said. I just nodded and got up waiting for him to do so too. We both started on our way back to the house.

When we got to the front door he stopped when he realized Grayson was inside. "What?" I asked. "Nothing uh, I should go home seeing that you're fine, and again I am sorry Erryn." He said before running off to his house.

"Ethan wait" I said trying to stop him. Instead he just kept on to his house. With that I open my house door to see Grayson sitting on the couch.

"Erryn?" He said turning his head to the door. "Yup" I said walking over to the couch.

"I'm sorry about Ethan and I, we didn't mean-"

"For me to get caught in the crossfire? Yeah I get it. It's fine, I'm fine" I said sitting on the couch.

"No you're not I can see your eye brusing" he said touching my cheek. "It's okay Grayson he didn't mean to. He apologized" I said trying to get him to see that I was fine.

"I know, I just- he's always been you know, him but today he was just so much. I'm sorry you had to deal with him saying those things. You should never have to deal with that." He said with his had still swiping across my cheek.

The room became very silent. "Where did Amariah go" I asked turning my head causing his hand to fall.

"Uh, she left" he said looking around. "It is pretty late I guess, you should probably get going to" I said wiping my hair behind my ear. "Yeah probably" he said quietly before getting off of the couch.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I said as he walked out the door.

"You to" I said as he left.
__

After I got done showering and dressed I went back to my room where I left my phone to see that I had  missed messages from Amariah.

Amariah

I forgot to ask you earlier but you okay... Cause not gone lie he hit you pretty damn hard. Shoot cause ion see how u took that.

Lemme tell u some it couldn't have been I

I'da knocked the shit outta him.

Bitch where the hell are you

Like did you get fucking a concussion when he hit u nd die. Like damn.

Anyway txt me back or whatever.

I roll my eyes and smile at her messages before pressing the FaceTime button.

On the second ring I see Amariah in her bathroom listening to music.

"Bitch what in the world are you doing? You need music to fucking brush your teeth?" I laugh looking at her

With that I see toothpaste fly out her mouth from laughing. "Eww you nasty bitch that's not even cute" I laugh sitting on my bed.

"Did you talk to Ethan" she finaly said talking and picking her phone up walking to another room.

"He just apologized nothing special" I said shrugging.

"Well I got got something you might wanna know 'bout Grayson" she said smilling.

"Well sis the hell you waiting on spill it bitch" I said waiting. "Wow, rude okay anyway, you know how he and Maddison are all ways on agai-"

"Off again yes" I said inturupting her to finish her sentence. "Rude, again. Okay well while we were waiting on you or whatever I found out they're drumroll please, on again" she finished.

"I'm not even shocked" I said honestly not. "Same I was like all up in there messages. A little too all up in them" she said looking disgusted at the last part.

"Oh" I said catching her drift. "Yeah" she said nodding. "Well that's my sign, I'll see .You in the morning" I said about to hang up. "Oh one more thing we're supposed to get the email with the scores in the morning something about a delay, but 'ight goodnight" she said.

"Night" I said hanging up.
__

I get out my phone along with Amariah. We're waiting to check our results.

"Okay on 3" she said. "Okay, okay" I said excited.

"1, 2, 3" I open the email to check the grade. I immediately hear Amariah squeal.  "78 bitches. Look at that oh thank God he's a mighty god." She said. She then looked at me and her smile faded.

"What'd you make." She asked cautiously. "Doesn't matter. We have to celebrate for you" I smiled. "Erryn," she said.

"68" I said plainly as my tears started to sting the brim of my eyes. "That's it I'm not going we can go next year" she said hugging me.

"I thought real friends didn't say that, they tell you the stone cold hard truth cut through the bullshit and whatnot" I said laughing/crying while hugging her.

"It is the truth. The stone cold hard truth."