Chapter 2 Page 4

I begin on my way to first period. As I walk through the hallway I see Maddison and Grayson sucking each others faces off.

"Get a room" I scoffed before pushing the door of my first period open. I look to find Ethan in his seat flirting with the girl who sits behind him.

I just roll my eyes and go to my fast and sit down. "Morning," he said turning around to me with a smile that suddenly disappears. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"What, you can actually look at me better yet have feelings now? I'm fine" I say snapping at him.

"Harsh, just tell me what's wrong," he said again. "Nothing," I said plainly.

"Your eyes are red," he said catching my lie. "I said I'm fine" I lied.

"And I said I don't believe you. I know something that could cheer you up" he said. "And what would that be," I asked not really caring to know.

"You know class doesn't actually start for another 5 minutes. Let's ditch" he suggested. "Alright," I said shrugging.

"Seriously," he asked confused. "I said yes, didn't I," I replied getting up. "O-okay," he said picking up his stuff too.

We walk out of the classroom to see Grayson and Maddison still at it. They pulled apart when they saw me. "Where are you 2 going," Grayson asked.

"Don't worry about it?" I said heading to the doors. "Are you mad at him or something, is he the reason you were crying?" Ethan asked as I started toward the parking lot.

"I'd love to answer, but Grayson is following us so speed up," I said basically running to Ethan's car.

"Erryn!" I heard Grayson yell as I got inside Ethan's car. "Later" I yelled back as Ethan speeds off.

"You gonna tell me what that was about?" Ethan asked as he started driving the speed limit.

"What me avoiding Grayson or the crying," I asked looking out the window. "All of it," he said coming to a stop light.

"Don't feel like talking about it?" I said simply wanting to avoid the conversation because he would never get the whole California thing. He'd probably think it's dumb or something like that.

"Well you're in my car so my rules," he said looking at me. I sighed "fine, you know that big test everyone just took," I asked. "That science exam, yeah what about it he asked. "I failed it an-"

"So that's why you're upset, cause of some test look I know school-"

"No, I have a reason behind it if you'd just let me explain because I failed it I can't go to L.A. this year and I'm stuck here unless I can pull up my English grade. Which is actually impossible" I said sighing as the car made a sharp turn.

"Crazy thought," Ethan said. "What?" I asked not really caring to know. "I have a 92 in English if you want my help all you have to do is ask." He said focusing on the road.

"You, a good grade? Yeah no, there's no way" I said not believing it. "Wow are you implying that I'm dumb, I'm hurt," he said acting offended.

"You never show up on time, ever. All you worry about is which girl you get to toy with next" I said as the car came to a stop.

"That's not true you know, all the rumors," he said looking at me as he turned the engine off in front of his house.

"Not true? I've seen it with my own eyes" I said opening the car door. "You've seen what you want to believe," he said getting out of the car and going towards the house.

"Are you just gonna leave me here?" I asked confused. "Follow me," he said going towards his backyard. "Where the hell are you going," I asked confused.

"Don't worry about it just come on?" he said. I give in and follow him as we reached a big tree. "What the hell are we supposed to do now I asked as we just sat there in one of the branches,"

"Grab that box," he said pointing to the left of me. I look to see a shoe box and I opened it. "Ethan. Is this weed, what the fuck?" I asked.

"I'll take it you've never tried it?" He asked genuinely. Hell no, and I'm not going to." I said about to climb back down the tree. "Then I guess what they say about you is true then, huh," he said taking a blunt out of the box and lighting it.

"What are you talking about, and what do 'they' say," I asked confused. "Only that you're a goody 2 shoes, and that's all you're good for. Following the rules, nothing else, just take s break for once" he said before huffing it.

With that, I scoot back towards him and take the blunt inhaling it. "See that's what I'm talking about," he said watching me. "Shut the hell up and just let me enjoy this," I said before hitting it again, and again, and again before I felt myself feeling funny.

"I think you might have had enough," Ethan said taking the blunt from me. "Now look at who the goody-goody is. Oh, how the tables have turned" I said laughing.

"Very funny, but we need to get down so I'll go first so I can help you down," he said leaving the tree. "Whatever, I know how to do it myself," I said mumbling the last part.

"Alright ok, now take one step down," he said on the two branches below me. I nodded and went down. I stayed there till he reached the ground.

"Okay, come all the way down," he said from the ground.

"But I love it up here. I'm taller than you, and it's funny cause you to look really small" I said laughing. "That's really funny Erryn, but you need to come down so come on," He said with his arms out waiting on me.

"Whoa, whoa," I said pretending to fall. "Erryn, stop playing and just come down," he said sounding serious. "Whatchu' so serious for? Afraid I might f-fall" I said pretending to fall before I felt myself slip.

"Erryn!" Ethan yelled as I fell, on him. For a second we just sat there. No noise nothing just us as I lay on top of him.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. "Never been better," I said. All that could be heard was us breathing. Out of nowhere, I took my chance.

I lean in to kiss him, but instead, he turned his head and started to say something. "We should probably, uh get to the house," he said getting up causing me to get up too.

I just nod and try to start walking. "Ow" I yelled feeling a sharp pain from my ankle. "You okay?" He asked snapping around to me.

"My ankle," I said stopping. "Come here I got you," he said walking towards me. "No I'm fine," I said trying to walk again. "No, you're obviously not come on," he said picking me up. "Ethan, no stop" I yelled ad we started to the house.

Before I know it we've reached the house. I feel him lightly lay me down on the couch, he must think I'm asleep. I feel him lay a blanket over me. I open my eyes to see him about to leave the room.

"Why don't you let people see the good in you?" I ask while his back is facing me while he stops on his way to the stairs.

"Because when people see good they expect good." He said turning around to face me, only to face forward and start walking to the stairs again.