Chapter 5 Page 4

(MONDAY 5:49 pm)

Erryn's Pov//

We've been driving for less than a minute and it's awkward as hell.

"Can I just ask the obvious?" He asked. "I know it's killing you not to." I said leaning my head against the window.

"Why didn't you call Grayson?" He asked.

"I don't feel like talking to or seeming him right now." I say.

"What'd he do?" He asked. "You don't really care so me explaining would be a waste of both out time." I said.

Before he could say anything my phone dinged again. I finally decided to check my messages.

Grayson💛

Erryn

Where are you?

So now you can't text back?

Need a ride from practice?

I know you see these.

I'm worried.

Look I get that you pissed at me but at least let me know you're alive.

I'm comming back to the school to pick you up.

Erryn... where are you you aren't here

This isn't funny anymore.

I just put my phone down, I'll see him when I see him. If he's worried that much he can wait till we get to the house.

I literally have no body here for me right now. If we aren't in a fight they're gone.

Finally the car came to a stop in the driveway. I was about to get out when he stopped me.

"I'm uh, I'm sorry." Ethan said.

I didn't say anything, I don't even want to be in the same place as him but we at literally about to walk into the same house and that shit would be awkward as hell.

"No you're not. Don't apologize if you don't mean it because then you just become more of an ass." I say turning my head to face me.

"I mean it. I know that I'm always giving you mixed signals but Erryn you're not so easy to read yourself." He said.

"I'm not easy to read? I give you clear as day signals and you, you just play the hell out of me. Honestly it's emotionally draining." I said.

"You don't think the signs you send are confusing?" He asked.

"No, Ethan I don't." I said.

"Maybe the problem is you just see from your point of view. Last week when I tried to cheer you up you got high, you tied to make a move on me. But only because you were high, then you kiss my brother the same night-"

"I didn't-"

"What didn't know I knew, of course I knew later that night when you came down to see me you and a clear as day hickey." He said cutting me off.

"Erryn you acted like you showed interest in me and then kissed my brother. Fast forward I catch you two kissing in your room while we were supposed to be having 'dinner'. Then you two go on a date making it clear that you're something. But then it happened I caught you in the tree the other night."

"Ethan don't." I said not wanting to hear him replay what happened. I know what this is goin to come to.

"Erryn you kissed me. You fucking kissed me, and I watched he's you go back to Grayson like nothing happened. It didn't mean shit to you." He said.

"I'm sorry Ethan, I didn't-"

"Before you apologize, let me finish. It didn't mean shit to you. Which is good because it didn't mean shit to me either. My whole point of the story is that I'm sorry if you think I feel anything for you. Because the truth is you're just a game I've playing. Just a player." He said making my heart feel like it dropped.

I just nod and grab my stuff before leaving his car. I look to see that Grayson's car is in the yard too. I just ignore him and go into the house.
__

Ethan's Pov//

I was so close. I almost told her.

I hate that I had to do that to her but I couldn't bring myself to tell her.

I had every intension of telling her but then I saw Grayson's car pull into the yard. I had to put a stop on it.

I know how he feels about her, maybe if he didn't feel the way he does, but he does like her. To go for my brothers girl would just be terrible.

He's my best friend and I can't bring myself to do that.

It's better this way.
__

Erryn's Pov//

I get inside and I turn and go towards the stairs.

"Erryn, Erryn stop wait!" I heard Grayson say.

"What?!" I yell turning around. "You had me worried what the hell is your problem, I get that you pissed at me but I thought something happened to you." He said making me turn around.

"Oh, I'm sorry, should I have told you Ethan picked me up? Guess I did feel like I had to tell you." I said referencing earlier when he never gave me an answer to if he was going to tell me what Amariah texted him.

"Erryn can you chill out with that. It has nothing to do with the fact that you had me worried." He said.

"You weren't going to tell me for a reason." I said going up to him.

"Of course I was going to tell you, I just thought that maybe that should have been her call. It was a secret she trusted me with." He said.

"Trusted you with? You still should have told me." I said.

"Why should I it's like you're my-" he stopped cutting himself off.

"Girlfriend, you were going to say girlfriend." I said stepping back and that's when it hit me. I have no right to be mad.

I'm not nor was I his girlfriend.

"Erryn you know I-"

"No, you're right. I'm not your girlfriend. I don't know why I was even pissed in the first place. I- I'm sorry." I sighed.

"Erryn, don't you see what's happening?" He asked now smiling.

I just looked at him confused.

"You got jealous," he said making me scoff.

"Please," I said rolling my eyes.

"Erryn you may not be my girlfriend and I may not be your boyfriend, but I know that same feeling you're feeling. If a guy were to hit on you right now I'd feel the need to kick his ass." He said making me laugh.

"I'm sorry." I said as he pulled me into his arms.

"Don't be. It's cute. We may not be dating but know things I am yours and you are mine." He said kissing my forehead before hugging me.

Suddenly I don't feel so alone.