Chapter 11 Page 5

(Repeat Song Till The End)

(Present Day Saturday 8:16 p.m.)

Erryn's Pov//

After all that went down between us we just decided to be us. He says he doesn't want to make me his girlfriend because he doesn't want other girls treating me wrong like they did when I was with Grayson.

He also doesn't want to hurt me. I can't say I like it but it is what it is. It's just yesterday when that girl texted him it did irk me.

Like he acted like he couldn't cut his hoes off. Tell them he's done.

"Alright, so for movies we're down to are The Note Book, or Casey's childish ass pick Moana." I hear Maddison say.

Me and the girls spent all day together, now we're at Maddison's for a movie.

"Um, by childish I think you mean heartwarming." Casey says making the girls laugh.

"Okay show of hands The Notebook." Maddison And Makenzie raise their hands.

"Now for Moana," I hear Casey say. I look to see Cassie and Madeline raise her hand. "It's a tie." Mackenzie says.

"No, Erryn didn't vote." Casey says. "Erryn, Erryn," I hear before I snap out of my thoughts.

"Erryn, you good?" Casey asks "Um yeah I'm fine. I'll watch whatever your watching." I say to Casey.

"Yes! Moana." Madeline say going to turn the movie on. "Fine Whatever." Mackenzie sighs

I feel so disconnected from the rest of the girls tonight. I just can't help but think about me and Ethan's situation.

The movie starts and they turn off the lights. I'm on the couch curled up by Casey on the other side of the couch.

Everyone else is on different couches. I look up at the screen about to watch the movie when my phone buzzes. I pull it up and look at my phone to see that Ethan sent me multiple messages.

Daddy E😙🤪🙈

Hey
(Sent at 2:15 p.m.)

Your not actually mad at me are you?
(Sent at 5:43 p.m.)

Erryn look, I hate that your upset baby girl I do, but this is not my fault I'm not apologizing for this.
(Sent Now)

That's the problem Ethan. You're not apologizing. You aren't sorry that it happened.
(Read Now)

I'm sorry that you're upset abt something that isn't a big deal at all.
(Sent Now)

Okay so it wouldn't be a big deal if a guys asked me if I was down to hook up?
(Read Now)

No. I'd simply kick their ass. Problem solved.
(Sent Now)

You're so fucking backwards.
(Read Now)

No Erryn I'm not. I wouldn't be pissed at you. I'd be pissed at them because I know you wouldn't except their offer because I have trust for you which is something I think I don't get back.
(Sent Now)

Bullshit
(Read Now)

Is it really though cause it sure doesn't seem like you trust me about this. It's not a big deal to me because I know I don't want her.
(Sent Now)

Don't try and make this about something that it's not. This is about you letting this happen.
(Read Now)

I shouldn't have to text her telling her I don't want her when I can just ignore her bc I know I don't want her.
(Sent Now)

Good night Ethan.
(Read Now)

You need to get over yourself. You're all that's ever on my mind. Get over this.
(Sent Now)
___

I roll my eyes and put the phone away. This is supposed to be a girls night. It's supposed to be relaxing and instead I'm here arguing with Ethan, through texts.

"You okay?" Casey whispers. I just fake smile and nod.

"Your a terrible liar what's up?" She asks. "It's the Ethan situation." I sigh.

"The one you told me about last night?" She asks. "Yeah. I don't want to act like I'm okay that, there are
girls hitting his line because I'm not okay with it." I whisper since I don't want the rest of the girls to hear and they're watching the movie.

"And you shouldn't be okay with it." She says. "Yeah but he doesn't see it like that. He thinks it's that I don't trust him." I say.

"Do you?" She asks. I just don't answer. I thought I knew the answer but for some reason it seems like saying yes would be a lie.

"Erryn," She says in disbelief.

"Look I want to say that I believe there's no way in hell that'd he do some with someone else, but we both know what he was like before." I say.

"Yeah, and he's not like that anymore." She whispers.

"Erryn. You can't be mad about this. It's not his fault." She says. "I know." I sight.

"Shh," Madeleine shushes us. We both just lay back down.

It's time like this that I miss Grayson. I haven't thought about him in a while I rarely see him. It's like he avoids me.

He's never home when I go to see Ethan. I hate that he hates me. I also hate that we threw our friendship away.

So many thoughts coming through my head. I just look at the screen before soon dozing off.

•••
(Monday 8:40 a.m.)

I get to first period and Ethan's in his usual seat. I take my seat and take my book bag off.

"Morning." He says sounding kind of like he has an attitude. I just roll my eyes and continue about my business.

I take out my paper and write down what's on the board. Guess we're back to square one.

•••
(Monday 3:05 p.m.)

Last period just ended and I feel like actual shit. Today kicked my ass. Ethan was pissed at me all day, I'm pretty sure I failed half my exams, and Amariah and her new group of friends are as bitchy as ever.

I walk down the hallway so ready to just get home.

But when I get to the doors to exist the school everyone is crowded at the door and in the parking lot.

I try my best to get past the crowd. "Excuse me. Sorry." I repeat walking through until I'm outside seeing what everyone was looking at.

"No fucking way." I mumble covering my mouth with my hand.