Chapter 3 Page 2

"You sure that's all you wanted to say?" I ask wanting to clarify.

"Um, yeah. That was all."

"Did you say something to Ethan?" I asked continuing the conversation.

"About?"

"Me hanging out with him. He won't look at me or speak to me." I say to him.

"No, but he and I had a talk about you. I told him that him hanging out with you probably wouldn't be the best thing, for your sake of course."

"But what if I want to hang out with him?" I asked.

"Well, do you?"

"I don't know, but I could," I said.

"What's going on you've never wanted to hang out with E better yet talk about him. Did something happen?" He asked.

"No, I just. I was having a bad day and he helped me. Like, like a-"

"Like a friend." He said finishing my sentence. "Yeah, what if he's not so bad after all he just needs a friend, and I don't mean like your friend I mean someone like-"

"You?" He asked.

"I don't know what I'm trying to prove anymore. Just forget it I guess." I said let it go.

"So, what's the news on California, when do you and Amariah go?"

"Actually, I'm not going to go this year. I can't. I failed my exam." I said sighing.

"I'm so sorry, when did you find out?" He asked.

"Yesterday, I'm fine though."

"Wait is that what you mean by E helped you when you were having a bad day?"

"Well, kinda," I said shrugging.

"So, let me get this straight. You went to him with your problem, and not me? I thought we were friends," he said playfully putting his hand on his chest.

"You see you were to busy with your tongue down Maddison's throat to help me, and he was just there," I said.

"Ouch, Erryn tell me how you really feel." He said.

"You know what, how about you tell me how you feel," I said in a low tone hoping he didn't hear me.

"What do you mean how I feel?" He asked.

"Fuck it if you not going to say anything about it I will. What the hell was last night?" I ask wanting to know.

"Honestly, I don't know." He said sighing.

"So, we were gonna what have sex and pretend like it didn't happen?" I asked so the whole class wouldn't hear.

"No," he said as more like a question.

That's when it hit me. What Ethan said was true. He was telling the truth.

"My god, Ethan was right. I've just been some game to you. Haven't I?"

"What? No, is that what this is about. Whatever he told you was a lie." He said trying to tell me.

"I'm such an idiot. To think I thought you ever see me as something else. We were probably never even friends." I said getting up and leaving the classroom.

I left and went to the parking lot. I went to my car. I won't even be surprised if I fail this semester. I've missed more days this week then I have this year.

Within about 15 minutes of driving, I get a text from Amariah.

From: Amariah
To: Erryn
Skipping again, are we?

I pull my phone closer to me and text her back.

From: Erryn
To: Amariah
Grayson snitched didn't he

From: Amariah
To: Erryn
Ethan actually. He heard you left and was trying to find you. Also, what is going on between you 2???

From: Erryn
To: Amariah
Ethan? Looking for me? Why would he do that he literally went back to ignoring me like he used to do freshman year?

I'm genuinely confused as to why he would be looking for me after giving me the cold shoulder not even 3 hours ago.

He sure knows how to fuck with someones mental.

As I pulled into my yard my phone dinged again another text from Amariah I'm assuming.

I get to my door and unlock it going inside to be caught by my mom. Well shit.

"Erryn Azariah Clark. What are you not doing in school, and where the hell were you last night?" She asked bombarding me with questions.

"Wow mom did you really have to use my whole government name like that, and I spent the night at Amariah's," I said lying before walking towards the stairs only for her to stop me.

"So you couldn't call to tell me? That also still doesn't explain why the hell your not at school." She said.

"I'm sick," I said before walking up the stairs.

"Wow, then I guess I caught what you have cause I'm sick too, sick and tired of your bullshit. You're not sick." She said jokingly loud enough to hear me from up the stairs.

"And you're not at work like you were supposed to be," I said from the top of the stairs.

"Touche." She said before I walked into my room closing the door before and collapsing on the bed.

I open my phone to go back to texting Amariah.

Amariah

That's tough. Wait then why would he want to know where you are?

Your guess is as good as mines.

You won't believe the tea I'm about to give you tho.

Whatchu waiting on? Spill.

Grayson literally just broke up with Maddison. Like he ended this. This is a big moment in history. She's always dumping him. I really think this is it for them.

Shit. You right. Do you know why?

That's what I was gonna ask you. Dude, they didn't even last a week this time. It must have been something.

I turn off my phone and look out my window that goes straight across to the twins room.

I could see straight through both their windows, even when I didn't want to. By that I mean they should sometimes learn how to close their curtains, but its whatever.

I really do want to know why Grayson would break up with Maddison, but it's not like I'm going to get the story on the whole situation.

I'm not talking to him. What Ethan said was starting to make sense and I didn't like it. I thought Grayson really was my friend.

Then I have these thoughts in the back of my head. What if he was just trying to do what Ethan has been doing for the last year?

Trying to get me into bed so I could just be another body for his body count. Some kind of sick game.

Or maybe he really is my friend and I just blew this whole thing out of proportion