Chapter 13 Page 3

(Please Play And Repeat Song Till The End)

(May 15, 2017 Sunday 2:52 a.m.)

Erryn's Pov//

"Grayson no please no!" I scream running into the street. I fall on the ground and I hold his limp body.

This isn't happening.

"Erryn," He tries to open his eyes.
"Hey, hey it's okay I'm hear you're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay." Tears start to fall from my face. This can't be real right now.
"Help! Somebody please help!" I scream not knowing what else to do. I can't leave him.
"You're gonna be okay Grayson, you hear me?" I don't know who I'm trying to convince, him or myself.

"Erryn! Oh my god Erryn what happened?!" I hear Ethan's voice yell coming towards the street, he must be the only other person awake right now to hear me. "No! Go inside call an ambulance. Now!" I yell from the street and he runs inside and I see all the lights in his house come on.

(May 15, 2017 Sunday 3:48 a.m.)

It's been about an hour and we're all sitting in the ER. I haven't said a word since I had him in my arms, I can't. I don't know what to say especially when he's like this because of me. He never would've been in the damn street if I didn't say what I said or if I was just asleep.

My mom stayed at home and Elsie is still at home she said she'd come in the morning but I couldn't wait. Sean and Lisa are waiting in the OR.

I look up and see Ethan in the chair across from mine. All I've been able to do is cry, but him.. Ethan doesn't cry. He get irritated, pissed, and short of patients. I take a deep breath before getting up and walking over to the seat beside his and I sit down.

He doesn't say anything he just grabs my hand and pulls me into him making lean into him while his arms around me.
"He's gonna pull through. He has to." He sighs, I feel my breathing pick up before I break down in his arms. I should be the one comforting him. Not the other way around.

"No, I should be holding you he was- is your brother I should be, I should be comforting you."
"We're comforting each other. I just wish I knew who the hell that driver was, how the fuck could they just-"
"Don't say it. It's playing in my head and I don't want to hear the words." This is all bullshit, who the fuck could do that.
"I wasn't going to say it, but I have a question."

"Yeah, What is it?" My head lifts off of him so we could make eye contact.
"Why was he outside, why were you?" Do I tell him? He sure as hell doesn't need to be lied to right now. Then again I told Grayson the truth and look where we are right now. Nothing I do is right. What if I tell him what happened and he blames me like I do.. what if he should, blame me...
"Erryn, just tell me. I can take it." His hand grips mine a little tighter, not too tight. Just tighter.

"I- I don't really remember. The whole night is just fuzzy now and I really would like it if we don't talk about it anymore."
"Of course, I'm sorry. I just wanted to know what was going on. You don't have to talk about it right now if you don't want to." My head head falls right back on his shoulder. This way I'm not lying or telling the truth. I'm just avoiding it... for now.

(May 15, 2017 Sunday 10:18 a.m.)

The hospital waiting room is not a place most people like to fall asleep so we came back to Ethan's place to get some sleep, but I couldn't sleep. How can I? The need to know if he's okay overpowers my will to sleep completely.
"How long have you been up?" His hand rub up and down my arm while my head is on his chest. The sound of Ethan's raspy morning voice kind of catches me off guard a little.
"I didn't sleep." A sigh escapes my lips not moving our position.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I could've stayed up with you." Good to know he's not as irritated as he was last night.
"No it was fine. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see was him laying there. I'll be fine after they say he's fine." If they say he's fine... he was so bruised up.
"Yeah me too, but I know they are. He's Grayson, and if there's anything to know about my brother it's that he will always pull through." He smiles, this is probably the most positive he's been. Even if it's because he has to.

"Should we go to the hospital? See if he's out of the ICU?" Even though he's probably not yet.
"If that's what you want? I can take you." He huffs still holding me with his hand lightly placed on my head, while I'm still laying on his chest.
"Yeah, maybe in an hour. You know, I bet my mom still thinks that's where we are. I totally forgot we didn't tell our parents about us yet." With everything going on right now it really slipped my mind.
"Yeah, me too. It's fine, because I promise you we'll tell them. I'm sorry for delaying it so much before." With his hand in my hair and my head against his chest, his lips plant a soft reassuring kiss on my forehead.

"No, not if you don't want to. I don't want to make you. If it's not what you want then we won't. We'll wait till your ready."
"Erryn, of course I'm ready. It's all I want to do is tell our family about us. I'm ready are you?" Of course I'm not. Grayson pleaded me not to right before-

"Come on what's going on what aren't you telling me?" He lifts his head from his pillow to see my face and I move my head as well. It's not that I'm not ready, or that he's not ready-
"We can't do it because Grayson isn't ready. Yesterday night you told him we were gonna tell everyone and he broke down. you pushed it back because of him and that was the right thing to do." A sigh leaves my mouth and he sits up looking confused and I sit up as well.

"How did you know that?"