Chapter 12 Page 1

(Repeat song till the end)

(Monday 3:05 p.m.)

Erryn's Pov//

I look to see Grayson and a guy from the football team, Christopher I think he's one of Amariah's friends boyfriends. They're fighting. I rush down the stairs and get to them.

All I can hear is people cheering as they fight. It looks like it'd only been going on for maybe a minute.

"Grayson!" I shout hoping to get his attention but fail.

"Grayson stop!" I yell trying to stop the fight.

"What the hell you two stop!" I say walking to them for it not to faze them. I can't just let them do this.

I get behind Grayson who's now on top of Christopher punching him and pull him by his book bag. "Let me go!" I hear him say. I just ignore him and continue pulling.

Finally he stops and gets off the dude before shoving past me.

He just and tries to walk off.

"Grayson, Grayson wait what the hell was that?" I ask walking after him. He ignores me and proceeds to his car.

"Grayson, what the hell is your problem?" I say trying to stop him while he opens the car door getting inside and starting the car.

I speed walk around to the other side of the car door and open the door getting in his car.

He snaps his head to turn and looks at me before turning his head to face forward. "Erryn, just go." He says not looking at me.

"Not until you tell me what the hell that was about." I say. "Why? Because what? We're friends, that ship has sailed." He says.

"Grayson I know you hate me, but seeing that just scared the shit out of me. I've never seen you so angry Grayson I'm scarred for you. I care about you." I say honestly.

"You care about me? I used to believe that." He said shaking his head to himself looking forward.

"But, if you really do, you know care about me do me a favor and stop caring. I know I did." He said finally turning his head to face me.

I just nod and turn my head. I open him car door to get out, I turn my head again and look to see him looking out his window.

I finally get out of his car and walk to my car. I unlock the door and get inside. Casey already talked to me earlier. She asked me to come over to her place so I start my car and pull off.

(Monday 4:55 p.m.)

I knock on the door of Casey's house waiting for a answer.

"Finally. What took you so long? I thought you left the same time I did?" Casey asks while I walk into the house.

"I did, there um, did you not see what happened in the parking lot?" I ask as I start on the way to her room.

"No, what happened?" She asks shutting her room door and coming to join me sitting on her bed.

"There was a fight." I sigh.

"Between who?"

"Grayson and Christopher." I rely. "Stevens? Like Tess' boyfriend." She asks. "Yeah. I separated them and then me and Grayson had a talk-"

"I'm sorry did you just say Grayson and talk in the same sentence? He talked to you this is great." She says smiling till she sees me not smiling.

"What what's the problem?" She asks. "He um, he absolutely hates me. He told me to stop caring about him because he doesn't care about me. As though that wasn't enough Ethan gave me the cold shoulder all day." I say running my hand through my hair.

"Grayson doesn't hate you and we both know you and Ethan will be fine. Don't stress about it." She says smiling.

"I wish it could be that simple but I fucking miss Grayson. He helped me through so much in life and now it's like we were never friends. I don't even know who the hell he is anymore." I say finally saying it out loud.

"I miss Grayson so fucking much. I hate Amariah but it was my fault for thinking she was my friend." I say, I can't help but feel like she's the only other person I can blame besides myself.

I should have seen that she wasn't a real friend.

"You can't blame yourself for her jealous actions. Is she still fucking with you, like her and her new group of friends?" She asks.

"Not her per say but Tess and the rest of them. I just pay it no mind." I shrug. "You may not pay it any mind but I do so excuse me." She said pulling out her phone.

"No, it's fine. I'm used to it, but thank you. You're like the realist person in my life and I appreciate it." I sigh. "Of course." She smiles.

(Monday 7:43 p.m.)

I get home and my mom and Elsie still aren't here. Casey basically couldn't wait for me to leave. I feel like she's up to something.

Today has just been shit. All I really have is her. I mean of course I have Maddison, Mackenzie, and Madeline but I don't think they'd really understand.

It'll all work out. I just have to remember not to stress about it.

I head up the stairs and open my room door only to be shocked. I look to see Ethan in my room which is lit with a bunch of candles.

He walks up to me with a single rose in his hand and gives it to me.

"Ethan, what- what is all of this?" I ask smiling. "You had a stressful day, and I'm sorry for being apart of the stressful part. I care about you so much Erryn. I could never imagine driving you away. You make me want to do good, you make me a better person. You see the good in me even when I am being a complete dick, we've been through so much and I was scared to make you mine. I was so afraid that'd I'd hurt you, that'd I'd cheat on you because of who I am. Not anymore. I could and will never do that-"

"Cut to the chase." I say feeling like I'm tearing up.

"Erryn Azariah Clark, will you please be my girlfriend?" He asks. I just stand there. I don't answer.

"Erryn, please don't tell me you've changed your mind please-" I cut him off hugging him.

"Of course not I fucking love you Ethan. No matter how much I wanted to change it or deny it in the beginning I love you." I say holding onto him.

"Thank god, I love you too." He said wrapping his arms around me.