Chapter 7 Page 2

(Repeat Song)

(Wednesday 8:10 a.m.)

Erryn's Pov//

"You look happy this morning." Grayson said said as I got in his car. "I am, I really am everything is so, right." I said laying my head on his shoulder while he started driving.

"I'm glad to see you happy again." He said smiling. "A big part of it is because of you." I said grabbing his one hand that wasn't on the wheel. He immediately grabbed mine back holding it.

"What about California though? You know we only have two days till spring break." He said. "Ugh, don't remind me. My science and English grade didn't even move." I sighed.

"But your plan." He said. "That plan would only work if my mom gave me the money, which she isn't going to do with these grades." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." He said rubbing his thumb across my hand. "It's okay. I can just spend spring break with you." I smiled.

"Actually.." He said trailing off.

"You have plans?" I ask lifting my head off his shoulders. "Well, I made them way before we were a thing. Back when I thought your spring break consisted of you being in L.A." He said.

"What are you doing?" I ask. "Well, it's not anything big but Juilliard-"

"The college?!" I ask taking my head off of him. "Clam down," He chuckled a little. "I wasn't excepted, they just invited me to stay in a dorm and basically stay on campus for 3 days to see what being at college will be like." He explained.

I just nodded my head acting chill before snapping. "My boyfriend is going to Juilliard." I said excitedly. He just shook his head to himself.

"Whatever you tell yourself." He said continuing to look at the road.
__

"I'll see you later." Grayson said when I reached my locker. "See you in second." I said pecking him on the lips.

I then turned to look at Amariah as she was pulling something out her locker. Soon she just looked at me staring at me as I did her.

Finally we both grabbed each other hugging one another. "I missed you." She said. "Same here." I said before we eventually pull away. "I was going to book my Coachella ticket last night when I called you. I couldn't do it knowing we were pissed at each other." she said.

"I wasn't pissed at you. I was just insensitive to whatever it was you and Grayson had done." I said. "I'm sorry, can we not, like talk about what me and Grayson were." She said.

What they were? That implies that they were a thing. I really shouldn't care. If it was something where they both meant a lot to each other than he would have told me. Right?

"Yeah it's fine in fact let's get off this whole thing. I'll see you later in second." I smiled.

"Yeah. First you have to survive Ethan." She laughed making me laugh. "As always." I said as the bell rang. "Good luck." She said.

"Imma need it." I said walking to my first period class.

I walk in and sit down seeing that Ms.Hudson's here. I call her over and proceed to ask about my grade. "Is there anything I can do to bring it to a 'B' before spring break?" I ask.

"Being that you have a 71 and grades are being printed tomorrow, no." She said as I looked to see Ethan taking his seat beside me. "Now, you can definitely do better next nine weeks I'd be happy to help." She said.

I just nodded before she left. "Sounds like a dent in your L.A. plans." Ethan said making me turn my head. "Could you not?" I ask looking at him.

"I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I hate that you can't go. You deserve to." He said touching my cheek before I push his hand away.

"Ethan as though you weren't annoying before. Back off." I said rolling my eyes. "Think what you want. I told you how I feel and we both know how you feel." He said smirking.

"I try so hard to understand you. I should probably hate you Ethan. Despite everything you've done I don't. So how I feel is that I'm here for you because you obviously need someone to see the good in you that you know exists. I guess you could say that I feel like your friend." I guess Ethan had never heard anything like this.

The way he was looking at me changed. From a cocky look to a understood one. I meant what I said though.

I don't care if he doesn't want me to be but I'm his friend.
__

I walk into second period a take a seat beside Amariah. "There you are." She said smiling.

I was about to speak up before someone beat me to it. "Wow, now you don't want to sit by me?" Grayson said walking in and sitting directly behind me.

"Sorry, but," I sighed looking at Amariah. "Chill she was my bestfriend before she was your Girlfriend. We've just been on the outs. Now that we aren't you're about to be seeing her a lot less." Amariah said making me laugh.

"I think we can share her." He said leaning forward in his seat reaching to grab my hand. "Ew, gross watch the PDA." Amariah joked.

"Sorry that you don't have someone to do these things with. Makes you look salty." Grayson joked. "Real funny." She said playfully rolling her eyes. I still can't help but wonder what the hell happened between them.

I feel like I have to know but I also get that it has nothing to do with me. I feel like if I were to ask Grayson he'd feel like I'm jealous or something and I don't want to give off that vibe.

No one wants to look jealous.

"Hello, earth go Erryn." Grayson said. "Yeah you good you just spazzed the fuck out. You okay?" Amariah said making me laugh.

"Fine." I said smiling.