Chapter 14 Page 2

(June 14, Saturday 7:57 p.m.)

Erryn's Pov//

"I wish I could remember more." Unintentionally I scoff, trust me Gray you really don't. Sometimes I wish I couldn't then it wouldn't hurt so damn much.

"Ethan's an ass, but I know somewhere deep down he does care about you. I don't know why said that in there but I know he didn't mean it. He cares about you. I may not be able to remember much but I'm sure about one thing about you. I care about you." He looks at me with eyes full of empathy I can tell that he really does care.

I shouldn't be here right now, I know that trust me I do. This can't happen again, but I'll enjoy it for now.

He pulls me in holding me with his strong broad arms. God he's so warm, I miss this.

(8:03 p.m.)

Ethan's Pov//

Maybe I was too harsh. Ok, I was too harsh, but she has to stop making herself suffer sometime. I know she misses Grayson, and I'm not a idiot. I'd have to be stupid to not see it.

Maybe it's the alcohol in my system, but I said what was needed.

She is distancing herself from him so she won't come between me and Gray. It'd be selfish of me to not see that. I wanted to comfort her when she came in here talking about that night. I miss her like crazy, I do.

But gray knew what he was talking about over the years. I am not good for her, he is. He's what she needs right now. They're better for each others. I wish there was some other universe where I could be with her and us being together wouldn't hurt Gray, but it did.

I won't risk my brother for my own happiness. I swear this shit used to be easier.

Erryn's Pov//

"It's been a while Gray, I really miss you coming around." My mom says making conversation while we eat. It's only been 10 minutes yet the tension between me and Ethan makes it feel like it's been hours. The only way Grayson and I communicate is through exchanging glances at each other. Since Ethan's between us it's be kind of hard to talk.

"I miss having you around too. I know you cant remember, but I was your girlfriend." Elsie makes everyone laugh. She's... something. Grayson smiles before speaking up. "Really? Me of all people?" he jokes Elsie just nods giggling. "Yeah, I had, and still have a lot of options, but you were my favorite." When she says 'were' Grays smile drops. He's really enertaing this. As annoying as my sister can be I've missed this.

"Yeah, I know you can't remember much and hurting you is the last thing I want to do but I'm growing Grayson. I've realized it was time for me to move on and I'm now dating Dustin he's in the grade ahead of me so he's smart." Wow she's quite full of herself. I have to admit it is funny.

"Well, even thought I can't remember having the honor of being your boyfriend.. I'll cherish knowing that I was." Elsie is eating this up, we all continue making conversation until it all comes to an end. This was actually one of the most normal dinners we've all had together.

Everyone's at the door with my mom about to leave while I'm cleaning up the table. I volunteered so my mom wouldn't have to. It's the least I can do since I didn't help her set up.