Chapter 4 Page 3

Repeat song till end.

Erryns Pov//

I wake up to see that Grayson was gone. Wow, love a hit and quit. I roll over to see a note on my night stand.

'Didn't want it to seem like I just left you. You were sleeping so peacefully didn't want to wake you :)' it read.

I smile reading it. I sit up in my bed and open my phone to text him.

Grayson🥰

Saw your note :)) you were right that was fun. Sorry I wasn't ready to go all the way just yet.

Ethan's Pov//

I pick Grayson's phone up and read the message while he's downstairs.

I didn't mean to it's just a habit, I thought he wouldn't immediately jump into stuff like that with Erryn, but I was right.

He just wants her for one thing.

"Really Gray?" I ask coming down the stairs with his phone.

"What?" He ask turning around from the stove. "Erryn, are you really such a self absorbed dick that you use her for your sick twisted game?" I ask in disbelief.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

I hand him the phone without saying a word.

"I'm not using her." He said putting the phone down.

"That's not what it looks like right about now." I shrugged.

"You really want me to mess this up huh? I actually like her E, surprise I know. I'm not using her for anything in fact I told her we didn't have to do anything. She took it upon herself to do it. Can't really say it's a shock that she likes me just as mush as I do her." He said.

"Yeah right." I spit out not believing it.

"You know E, I really don't need you of all people telling me how to treat her. You used to be so fucking cruel to her." He said turning back around.

"You know what. Forget it Gray. Do your thing just know you're real low for this."

"Just stay out of my relationship, why do you even care?" He asked.

"I don't." I said a little loud.

"Then stop acting like you do, but if I find out your making her feel like shit again don't think for a second that I won't hesitate to set you straight. She told me about you talking about her with some girl." He said making me roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I said giving up.

I just headed upstairs.

He's right I shouldn't care what his intentions are, but I do.
__

ERRYN'S POV//

While I'm waiting for Grayson to respond I got a school email.

It read 'Dear Students of Madison High, tomorrow after school we will be holding cheerleading tryouts for anyone interested.'

That's when I got the idea.

I'm signing up.
__

(TUESDAY 8:55 a.m.)

"What the hell are you wearing?" Amairah asked looking at my outfit.

"Oh this? I'm glad you asked. I'm staying afterschool for tryouts." I smiled. "Your bad at jokes." She said seriously before reading my face.

"Oh shit, your serious? Cheerleading? You can't be." She said looking at me like I'm crazy. "Okay, let's hear it. Why is this a bad idea?" I asked knowing she was about to tell me anyway.

"How about the big ass fact that Maddison is the fucking captain." She said. "Oh shit I forgot about that, who cares though she has nothing against me." I shrug.

"Nothing against you? You must think she's as blind as you, her ex broke up with her and then went on a date with you. I don't think she's entirely fond of you." She said.

"Amariah," I sigh before I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Grayson. "Oh hey." I said smiling.

"What's up with you two did I interrupt?" He asked. "Not at all. We were actually talking about you two." Amariah said.

"What about?" Grayson asked. "The fact that you two definitely have something going on." She smirked. "Amariah will you just drop it." I said.

"Will you not try out?" She asked crossing her arm. "Try out?" Grayson said lost.

"She's going to cheerleading tryouts after school." She said. "Trying to cheer me on at the games?" Grayson smirked.

"Doesn't matter, she won't get on the team. Maddison is captain." Amariah said eyeing me.

"And.. she's not even the one who gets to decide." I shrugged. "Plus what reason would Maddison have to not like Erryn? I'm the one who broke up with her." He shrugged.

"She's not blind she knows just as much as I do that you two aren't just 'friends', but I get it. You two are low key." She smiled.

Grayson just kind of rolled his eyes.

"If Maddison gives you any trouble just let me know. I got you." He said making me smile. Fuck he's hot.

"I will, don't think it'll be something I can't handle, plus she's really not that mean." I said before the bell rang.

"Well, that's us." I said shutting my locker.

"This conversation is far from done." Amariah said. "Bye see you after school." I said ignoring her making Grayson laugh.
__

I sit in the gym stretching with everybody else. "Alright ladies we start in 5." Maddison said coming in front of all of us.

With that I got up and walked over to her. "Erryn, thought I heard that you're trying out." She smiled.

"Thought I'd give it a try." I shrugged.

"Well, no need to. I talked to coach. You start practice next week." She said smiling. "I what? You're kidding I haven't even tried out?" I said confused.

"A friend called in a favor." She winked.

"What friend?"

"They wanted me to keep it to myself. But we're glad to have you on the team." She said before walking away. Who the hell could have asked her to do that?

That's when it hit me.

Grayson.