Chapter 10 Page 2

(Repeat song till the end)

(Tuesday 12:57 p.m)

I woke up this morning and decided that I'm skipping. The only thing is that I went to sleep and just woke up an hour ago.

I'm about to walk into Amariah's house since she also missed today but only cause she's sick.

I open her house door with the key that I have. "Amariah, I'm here, and I have soup." I say. "I'm over here." She said from the couch.

I walk over to her and sit the stuff that I brought her down on the coffee table. "So, feeling better?" I ask as she sat up letting her blanket fall.

"Girl I'm not sick. I was Sunday night and yesterday morning but after that I was fine. I just didn't feel like coming to school." She said grabbing the Tupperware bowl I put the soup in.

"Bitch so you were gonna leave me to deal with Grayson on my own cause you felt like staying home?" I ask. "You pretty much summed it up." She says eating some of the soup.

"Your a bitch." I say rolling my eyes. "Yeah yeah, what has been going on with you two?" She asks.

"Well, he told me he loved me Sunday night. Then ignored me in class, but to be fair I ignored him too, but he also brought a date to the rave." I sigh.

"He what?" She asked. "Yeah. Callie, then when I got home from the rave last night I saw him kissing some girl. It couldn't have been Callie she was shorter but I didn't see her face I closed my blinds." I shrug.

"Erryn, I'm sorry. I'm also sorry that you had to deal with it alone. I should have been there-"

"I had Ethan. He dropped me off, and stayed with me." I say.

"Wait, Ethan?" She asks.

"Yup." I say.

"Don't tell me you did something stupid with him." She sighs. "Define stupid." I say.

"Damnit Erryn did you kiss him?!" She asked sounding mad. I don't say anything, I just look up at the ceiling.

"No, Erryn you didn't." She said making me look at her. I didn't even say anything and she knows. She knows me too well.

"What do you want me to do? Apologize? It's already too late." I say disappointed in myself. "How could you do that to yourself? To Grayson?" She asked making me feel worse than I already.

"Do you like him? Love him? Is that why you did it? Because I hope your not actually dumb enough to care about him." She said. Do I? Can I?

I can't. I know I think I care about him but I can't.

"No, of course not. I'm not stupid. I just hated seeing Grayson with someone else so I did something to hurt him." I say.

"Erryn, that's terrible. But, I am glad that you don't have feelings for him. That would be stupid. Just, you can't keep this up." She said.

"I know, I know." I sigh.

•••
(Two days later Thursday 5:26 p.m)

Amariah's Pov//

Erryn's my friend, of course she is and I love her I do, but I have been dodging Grayson's calls since me and her talked Tuesday.

Me and Grayson are friends just as much as I am with Erryn. I feel bad that I told him about what she told me on the trip but at the same time it wasn't fair for him.

I leave my room and start towards the living room when I suddenly hear the doorbell ring.

I go to the door and open it to see Grayson.

"Why the hell have you been ignoring me?" He asked.

"I- just,"

"No look I get it. Okay. You and Erryn are closer because of the whole girl thing, but you are still my friend. Or at least you were." He said walking into my house and going to the living room.

"Grayson I am your friend it's just, I feel like I'm cheating on Erryn." I say honestly. "You're the one who started this." He said.

"Yeah, but she's still my friend." I say sitting on the couch. "I'm not saying don't be her friend I'm just saying. Don't ice me out." He sighs.

"Grayson, we got sloppy." I say. "What do you mean?" He asks.

"Grayson she saw us kissing at your house after the rave." I say. "She did? Shit, did she know it was you?" He asks.

"No but she could have found out. Grayson we have to be careful." I say. Grayson was really hurt by the break up, like really hurt so I tried to cheer him up and we ended up... getting intimate.

We aren't together or anything just friends with benefits. Harmless right?

"This was supposed to be innocent and fun, it was supposed to keep my mind off Erryn and now all it does is remind me of her." He said running his hand through his hair.

"Grayson, I have to tell you something." I sigh not wanting to have to say this.

"What is it?" He asks.

"It's about Erryn, I don't know how to say this." I sigh.

"Just tell me." He said.

"When she came over Tuesday she told me what happened after she saw us kiss, Grayson she had sex with Ethan. She said that she was so pissed that she didn't know what to do. She regrets it-"

"But she still did it." He said cutting me off.

"Grayson I'm sorry." I say meaning it. "No it's fine we're broken up. You know what how can she wonder why we aren't together and then do something like this. I- I hate her." He said.

"You don't mean that." I say trying to calm him down.

"Oh, but I do. I absolutely can not believe her." He said getting up.

"Grayson calm down." I say standing up. "Amariah," He whispered as I got in his face.

"Mmh?" I hum. "Make me forget about her." He whispered.

"On it." I say before leaning in to kiss him.