❪O N E❫

EDITED

ONE

Laughs, you hated that sound when people laughed, it made you think of yourself as pathetic, and yet, here you were, surrounded by rich people, their bodies covered in gold and silvers like it was a piece of leaf, your eyes scanned the hall filled with unfamiliar faces, fingers tapping against the black table in front of you, you were tired, sleepy, you wanted to go home and sleep, your mind was constantly thinking of your four year old daughter that was probably alone in your house.

Your lips slightly twitched as you heaved a sigh, your boss was taking too much time interacting with his clients, and till he is here, you can't leave either, since he'll probably
be drunk after hours of drinking and talking total gibberish with
friends he barely got a chance to meet. You highly hoped that he will get up right this instant or
tell you to go home, you wanted to relax in your bed, you missed your little flower, Soyeon.

Turning around, Taehyung noticed you, and remembered that you have to stay with him until he leaves,
he was so into his friends that he totally forgot that he took his secretary here as well. "I have to go, I'll meet you all again someday." He said, stumbling as he got up from his chair, talking towards you.

"Ms Kim." He called you out, his voice still clear even though he drank so much, he was so professional that his words always came out well, no matter what state his mind is in, that was something he was a master in.

You turned around, giving the young man a small smile as you got up, letting your black dress fall to your knees, "Let's go, I'm sleepy." He said, his body moving slightly, "Alright, Mr Kim." Your hands automatically went in front of you as you bent your body a bit, leading him the way out.

"Ms Kim, were you bored?" Taehyung's voice, however this time, sounded really sleepy, "A bit." You replied to him, not wanting to start a long conversation with him, once he starts talking, his mouth can't stop.

"I know, you were really bored and lonely without me." He laughed slightly, you pressed your lips, opening the car door as your boss stumbled inside, leaning against the back of the seat as he sighed, eyes closed as he reached out for the seatbelt, as said, he was a professional, after four years of working in the business field, he was well aware of what to do, so even in his sleep, his ears and senses were wide awake.

You closed the door, walking to the drivers' seat as you pushed the key in the holder, starting the engine as you pulled off from the venue. "Ji, I feel sorry for you." He mumbled, you two could be good friends who talk friendly to each other sometimes, so he prefers to call you 'Ji' off work, he gave you this nickname when he first came to your house, you don't even know how he came up with such a nickname. But you never dared to call him Taehyung, as you were well aware of the rules of your work, you had to keep your personal and professional life separated no matter what, so that you don't end up in the same anxiety that you did five years ago.

"Mr Kim, your house is here." You told him, as he stayed in his position, eyes now opened as he looked at your face, "Ms Kim." He called you out, giving you a grin, he opened the door and got off, whispering,

"Forgive me for this."