❪F O R T Y-O N E❫

EDITED

❛ FORTY-ONE ❜

FORTY-ONE

YOU held onto the sides of the swing tightly, your legs swaying in the air as you looked around, sighing. It has been two days since your father's death, you still weren't ready to meet anyone except Taehyung and Soyeon.

You had thought a lot about Jungkook; actually, you could never take him off your mind, every conversation ends with you thinking about him. Something tells you to never look at his face, while something says to only look at him.

The guilt in your heart has grown hefty as Taehyung is now your fiance, you feel like you betray him everytime you think about Jungkook. You try to think about other things, but you just can't avoid him.

Last night, you were half asleep when you decided to call Taehyung, but since only Jungkook was in your head, you almost clicked on his contact number.

Everything seems difficult day by day, you feel like you want to lay in bed all day, but when you do, you can't just stay put.

You glanced at the cat who has been sitting near your feet while staring at you for a long time. You rolled your eyes, turning to her as you moved your leg in her direction.

Before you could attack her, your phone started ringing.

You bit your lips, it was an unknown number and you didn't know if you should answer it or not.

In the end, you ended up picking it,

"Hello?" You answered, after a long silence, a voice finally spoke up,

"Long time no see, Kim Jia. You probably remember me, right? So what about a meeting, I have some things to clear out."

You didn't even get a chance to blink and the woman hung up. Your heart was racing, you knew who it was. "That witch." You gritted your teeth.

Usually, you don't curse or yell at elders, but lately you have been doing things you never did.

"I'm coming for you, I'll fucking kill you." You growled, glancing at the cat who was still sitting near your feet.

You smirked at her, "It's hero time."

*

Jungkook sneezed, looking up at Yoongi. "Have you decided to go to everyone and give them free life lessons?" He asked in annoyance.

Yoongi's face scrunched up in disgust, "Be happy I even care about your dumb and stupid ass. So, is what I heard about Jia's father correct?" He asked, making Jungkook stop.

His jaw clenched at the thought of his mother and your father, how his mother brutally took everything from him, and how the poor boy could not do anything.

"Well, I think that's a yes." Yoongi said, sighing as he glanced over at the clock. "Whatever, I guess you should hear this." He said, passing his phone on the table as he pressed the play button.

"What the hell is this?" Jungkook asked, hearing weird shuffling on the other end,

"When I went to your mother, I got my secretary to record our conversation."

Yoongi said,

"Are you serious?" Jungkook's mother growled. "I don't care. How can you think about killing her?" Yoongi scoffed.

Jungkook froze, "Her?" He asked in confusion,

"Your damned ex, idiot." Yoongi gritted his teeth in anger, licking his lips.

"If you won't help me, then no project for your company." Jungkook's mother said, "Great. I'm not interested in having a project with you too." Yoongi said in a loud voice.

"If you won't kill her, I will. And tomorrow." Jungkook's mother's voice roared again, Yoongi laughed. "As you wish."

And the video ended.

Jungkook looked up at Yoongi, "I know you must be planning some shits with SeokJin and his cop brother." Jungkook's eyes widened at the guess.

"But whatever, tell that cop to go to your mother's house before she kills her." He stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"All the best, idiot."