❪F O R T Y-T W O❫

EDITED

❛ FORTY-TWO❜

FORTY-TWO

YOU eyed the woman who stared at you while grinning. Mrs Jeon chuckled, getting up as she walked closer to you, her smile dropping. Her hands went as she picked up the papers kept on the table.

Your eyes curiously followed her steps. "I don't want to waste my time with you." You glanced up at her face, "Actually no. I am wasting my time with you." You said, raising your brows as she licked her dry lips.

"Alright, if you say so." She said, grabbing a pen s she extended the papers towards you. "You can leave after you sign these." She said.

You took the papers from her hands, reading the title. Your eyes widened a little and you threw it across the room, scoffing. "You're so pathetic. Why do you think I'll give my child to you? You're not that good of a woman." You said, rolling your eyes.

"Don't irritate me, just sign these and leave." She said, raising her brows a little. "Why do you think I'll sign some damned papers to give you custody of a being that's not even born?" You retorted, shaking your head as you raised your hands.

"I'm done with you and your son." You mumbled, turning on your steps. "Kim Jia, you'll regret not listening to me." She said with a clenched jaw. You turned around to face her, "No. I'll regret listening to your shit for five minutes. Now, I don't wish to see your face anymore."

You turned around hen she held your wrist. "Would you want to die?" She asked, smirking as she reached out for her pocket and pulled out a gun. "Do you think I'll be scared of that shit?" You asked her with knitted brows.

"Just leave me alone and go somewhere else!" You yelled, yanking your hand away from hers. "Why do you always want to interfere in my life?" You asked her, lips tugging in a frown.

"I left. So why are you still so vile?" You asked her lightly. "That's fucking right! You left, but you never left! You always freaky come back!" She yelled back at you.

You flinched at her words, shaking your head. "No, I don't. I would never want to come back to you or your son." You said while gritting your teeth. "Pick it up and sign it." She pinched the bridge of her nose, pointing the gun towards your forehead.

Your muscles tensed up, you shook your head. "No. Never." You glared at her, "You're so stubborn." She gritted her teeth, smirking.

"Are you sure you don't want to see the end of this?" She asked, chuckling. "No." You said, scoffing.

Her aim changed and she pointed the metal object in her hand towards your stomach.

Your face automatically scrunched in disgust. Your hands went over to your stomach as you licked your lips. "Go away. Just leave me alone." You growled at her.

She knitted her brows in confusion, "Are you always this stupid?" She asked, making you knit your brows together. "You have been making me a stupid." You said, backing off. "I'll leave then, if you're done." You whispered and turned on your steps.

"Stop right there!"

You flinched when she pulled the trigger and the bullet pierced into the wall far beside you.

Before she could do something else, the door opened.

Both you and her looked over at the door,

The cop grinned sheepishly, "You're under arrest for illegally taking over the Mascot Corporation, and for taking illegal drugs for seven years." He grinned,

"Drugs?" You mumbled in confusion, making him glance at you. "Ah right. For attempt to murder too, gosh-" He was pushed away by SeokJin.

"Ladies, time for jail."

He smirked. You watched as the cops cuffed her hands together. Her yells filled your ears. "You'll rot in hell!" She yelled towards you.

You stood in the same spot in shock as she was dragged away from the scene.

After the scene was done, you noticed a silhouette of a man leaning against the wall behind the open door.

Jungkook turned to you, tears running down his eyes. You took another step back, "Jungkook?" He sobbed, wiping his eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said, looking down at his feet. "What is happening?" You asked him, making him close his eyes in hesitance.

"I'll tell you," He looked up,

"I'll tell you everything."

*

You tapped your feet. Looking up at the man, you sighed. "What the fuck are you doing?" You asked him.

This was utterly confusing to you. Despite the hate and disgust you had towards him, knowing what he has been hiding from you is indeed important.

He looked down. You gripped the sides of the swing. "Actually," He started, looking up. Your eyes looked at his puffy one in worry.

"I didn't mean anything I did to you in those years, when we were married. My mother. She had been taking drugs and she forced me to do all of this, she said if I didn't listen to her then she'll-" He hesitated to go further, his eyes shutting,

"Kill you. I didn't want to lose you. I didn't try to take over your father's company by force too, my mother did. I wanted to help your family, but the threat she gave you was a barricade. I didn't mean to come back into your life too, but she forced me to. I'm sorry."

You stood froze. You looked down at your lap in shock. "That's a lot." You mumbled, making him silent. "Yes, it is." You licked your lips,

"You should've told me, I would have helped you." You mumbled lightly, he glanced up at you. "So you'll not forgive me?"

You stood up, "Well I do. I forgive you. I should apologise for misunderstanding you, I'm sorry. Whether you were bad or good, your intention weren't bad though." You said hesitantly.

"I think we should forget that we ever met." You said, making him look up. "It's for the best if we forget about each other, and the past." You said.

"Not only me, but you too, lost many things while being with me." You said, sighing. "So it'll be good if you forget that we met, let's act like we don't know each other, that way, you won't be hurt." You said.

He looked at you with sad eyes, hesitating.

He sighed,

"Alright."

You gave him a blank face,

"Then," You licked your lips, turning around,

"Goodbye."