❪T H I R T Y-S E V E N❫

EDITED

❛ THIRTY-SEVEN ❜

THIRTY-SEVEN

YOUR legs moved almost on their own, you walked out of the apartment building. Your car had gone for servicing, the distance from your apartment to Jungkook's house was really long, but you didn't care.

Jungkook, Jungkook ,Jungkook.

The name repeated itself in your mind like a radio, you practically ran, huffing. You held your stomach when you remembered something. You discontinued your steps, looking down. "No, I can't run." You said while breathing heavily.

You stopped at the crossing, waiting for the light to turn green.

Your heart was beating fast. You walked again when the light turned green, your legs shaking lightly.

You stumbled backwards when you bumped into a man, "I'm sorry, are you okay?" The man asked. You didn't look at his face, "Yeah." You tried to walk away from him, when he held your hand lightly,

"Jia?"

You turned around, eyes widening. Your heart was beating fast, hand shaking as you looked at the man dressed in old clothes, he looked terrible, his eyes were shocked just like yours. Your mouth gaped,

"D-Dad?" Your voice came out as a whisper, tears filling your eyes.

"Yes honey, it's me." He said, moving his hand to pat your head lightly. "How're you? Where were you? Where's mom?" You bombered him with questions.

His smile dropped at the mention of your mother, "She.. She couldn't make it in the winters." He mumbled, his tears filling with tears as he looked down. "What?" You asked in confusion, "Where were you all these years?" You asked him, not being able to get the point of things.

He looked down and gulped, "Today," He looked up and at you,

"I'll tell you everything, every single thing."

*

Taehyung leaned against the couch, looking at the man in front of him with raised brows.

"Yoongi hyung, any special reason for you to be here?" He grinned at Yoongi, who smiled lightly back. "You're lucky I'm in a good mood today, or else your head would have been sliced away from your body." Taehyung chuckled at the threat.

"Well, good for me then." Yoongi stared back at Taehyung. "I went to meet Jia today." He confessed, making Taehyung look up. "I'm sure you didn't fill her mind up with nonsense." Taehyung retorted.

Yoongi raised his brows, "No, I didn't do much. But you will soon get some good news; or maybe bad." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"You're hiding something from Jia, aren't you?" He asked, making Taehyung shrug. "What could it be?" He asked, smiling,

"You're Jia's cousin."

Taehyung froze, eyes twitching as he glared at Yoongi. "I believe you won't be telling this to her." Yoongi smirked. "Who knows?" He asked, crossing his legs together as he hummed.

"Latest headline: The formal CEO of Kim Industries is marrying his own cousin. What a shame to be him, tsk." Yoongi clicked his tongue. "Hoseok would make a wonderful headline of this. I'd love to attach some more bio and photos of you and her on internet." He grinned.

Taehyung chuckled, "Hyung, I lo-" Yoongi scoffed. "Your love is disgusting. This is not love but useless waste of time Taehyung. Stop being childish." Yoongi raised his voice lightly, making Taehyung laugh.

"I don't care, I love her, I'll make her mine." He licked his lips, "And I'll finish anyone who comes between us." He said, glaring at Yoongi.

Yoongi laughed, getting up,

"We'll see soon, Tae."

*

You stared at the orange juice in front of you, before looking up at your father. "What is it?" You asked him with knitted brows.

Your father sighed, "Your marriage may have been a business, but I was shocked when I noticed the love for you Jungkook had." He smiled lightly. "I was just about to sign the deal with Mrs Jeon, when I heard about her drug case."

Your eyes went wide, "D-Drug?" You asked in a whisper. "Yes, she did drugs. She missed her husband, and that emotion forced her to do drugs. She was influenced when she heard that I was aware of her taking drugs."

Your eyes never left his sad ones, this story was something you were never told.

"She just put some medicine in my drink, maybe hypnosis. I just did what she said and signed on the papers, that woman had created a contract, taking all my money, company, everything."

You noticed tears fall off his eyes as he quickly wiped them. "I thought that Jungkook would do something, but he didn't." His voice cracked.

Your heart sank, Jungkook did that? You thought, you didn't want to believe it at all, you just didn't want to even think that Jungkook could do something like this.

"I was thrown away in the dark with your mother, we stayed on the roads, she was weak, she couldn't take the coldness, and so she,"

His eyes closed, mire rears running down his eyes,

"Passed away."

You sniffed, tears running down your cheeks as you looked down at your hands. "Dad," You whispered. He smiled lightly at you, "I'm sure this has answered some of your questions, how're you?"

Your heart was burning in anger as you smiled at your father. "I-I have to go, I'll meet you later, okay?" He gave you a confused look, but nodded anyway.

You got up and took your bag, wiping your tears as you walked out of the cafe, "That asshole."