❪T H I R T Y-T W O❫

EDITED

❛ THIRTY-TWO ❜

THIRTY-TWO

YOU sighed and licked your lips, looking at the long line of parents waiting to pick up their children. You decided to pick up Soyeon since you were already late for work, you've decided to quit soon.

It's been a while since you've got to spend time with your daughter, so you'll be taking a long holiday before finding a job which won't be taking hours to do.

You smiled when you saw Soyeon, she looked up at you with a surprised face. She grinned and ran to you, clinging onto your leg, "Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She asked, looking up at you.

You grinned, ruffling her hair as you picked her up in your arms, "I'm sorry, I couldn't spend time with you, but now I've planned to take a long vacation from work." Her eyes shined as she nodded,

"We'll watch Spongebob together!" You smiled awkwardly, walking back to your car,

"Not too sure about that though."

--

You hummed while cleaning the plates that were in the sink, your phone suddenly ringing made you flinch. "That scared me." You muttered, looking at the dialer Mr Kim.

Your brows raised as you answered the call, "Mr Kim?" The other line went silent, "Don't tell me you forgot about our date." Taehyung said on the other side with disbelief.

You settled the plate down and gulped, "I'm sorry Mr Kim, but I've decided to spend time with Soyeon." He sighed, "Are you ditching me, Ms Kim?" Your muscles tensed up.

Both your boss and daughter were important to you, you couldn't betray Taehyung, but you couldn't break your daughter's heart too.

"Jungkook can babysit Soyeon, I'll come and get you in a few, done."

He said and quickly hung up, your lips tugged in a frown as you sighed. "What should I do?" You asked,

"So you're leaving me alone again?"

You turned around to see Soyeon standing at the kitchen doorway with her coloring book in her right hand and a stuffed, dirty bunny on her left. Your frown deepened as you shook your head,

"Honey it's not like th-" She sighed, "I'll get ready, you'll drop me off at dasdy's house, right? Then I'm a bit fine with that."

She said and walked away, you knew she was fighting back her tears, and it made you feel even more sad.

You're the worst mother.

--

Jungkook sighed, staring at the painting in front of him. "Just what did I do yesterday?" He questioned himself with a frown, trying hard to remember. "I did meet Jia, but what else?"

His thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell ringing, he shot his head towards the door, tensing up. "Who's it? Who can it be? I don't have any visitor."

He said, getting up from his seat as he sloppily walked to the door, opening it. His eyes widened at the sight of a little girl at his doorsteps.

His eyes trailed back and stopped at you, who was staring at Soyeon with a frown, your hands fidgeting, "What are you... Doing here?"

He barely said, not able to process his mind well.

You sighed, bowing as you closed your eyes, "Mr Jeon, I know I've done and said things to you I shouldn't have, but please for once, can you please take care of my daughter?"

Jungkook's mouth gaped and eyes widened as he looked between the two females, gulping.

"O-Of course, I'll do it." You got up, "Th-Thank you." You stuttered, fighting back your tears as you glanced at your daughter,

Jungkook frowned, "Is everything alright?" Soyeon grinned and shook her head, "No, can I come in?" Jungkook moved away, making the girl enter while holding onto her bunny tightly,

He looked back at you, "Thank you." You said and bowed one last time, turning around as you quickly walked away from the scene.

--

Taehyung grinned while holding onto your hand, you sighed. "Mr Kim, this was unnecessary, but I'm really thankful that you decided to do this much for me."

Taehyung shook it off, "Let's go on that ride." He pointed towards the rollercoaster.

Before you could reply, you felt a sudden urge to throw up. You quickly covered your mouth and yanked your hand away from his, running towards the washroom.

Taehyung stood in shock, his eyes widening as he followed you, "Are you alright?" He asked and patted your back,

You held the sides of the sink, feeling relieved, you sighed, before it hit you, your eyes widened as you gasped,

Could it be?