❪T W O❫

EDITED

❛ TWO ❜

TWO

You looked at the table, not saying anything. Taehyung patiently waited for an answer from you, he was not showing it, but he was now a bit scared about your reaction. It wasn't easy telling you the truth, but he took the last bit of courage in him, and finally told you the horrible truth.

"Mr Kim." You breathed out, looking up at your boss. "Yes, Ms Kim?" You could sense the nervousness in his voice, he was well aware of how serious this matter was to you, he was also ready to run away if you blast at him. "Why did you hide about this?" Your voice was low than you expected it to be. "I'm sorry." He mumbled, "Actually, I ate the seeds of the apples unconsciously, and then didn't even bother to see the doctor when I felt pain in my stomach, and last week I figured that I have appendix." He stated, gripping the sides of his chair.

"Are you fine?" You asked him, almost as if you were worried, which you were. You always told him to be aware of seeds, but he just never listened to you. "Yeah, I'm really sorry you have to face your past again because of my carelessness." He said, his voice was full of guilt.

"It's.. Not fine at all." You said, keeping your elbows against the glass table as you buried your face in your palms, running your fingers through the strands of your hair, you sighed a muffled sigh, and nodded your head. "Alright, so what you are saying right now is that you need to be hospitalized, and till the time you're not here, Jeon Jungkook is going to be the temporary CEO of your company, and I have to assist him until you return, that's probably one or two months later."

You said all of this in one breath, not bothering to stop in between, your mind was full of all the things that man was capable of doing to you; that includes taking your child away from you, he can easily use his sheepish power to bring down every thing and take the custody of Soyeon, or he can kill you, not like anyone is going to ask him.

"Yeah, but I assure you he won't do anything to you, I have this trust in him." Taehyung said, fire in his eyes, he was too sure about this feature of his replacement, "He's just here for a temporary replacement, he'll be gone soon, there is nothing to be scared of him, he can't do anything to you." Taehyung grinned, to which you nodded your head.

"Alright, I believe you, when are you leaving?" You asked him, to which his grin fell, and was replaced by a frown of sadness, "Tomorrow."

You, however, just sighed and nodded your head at his statement, "Aren't you sad? I'm leaving, you should cry." He complained, furrowing his brows, you smiled sheepishly, "Really? You've given me a nuclear bomb before leaving, I should just shoot you with a gun." Taehyung uncomfortably shifted in his chair, clearing his throat, you laughed again. "It's okay, just come back fast so I don't have to handle nonsense for long." You told him, and he nodded.

"What time is it? It's getting dark outside." Taehyung said, looking outside the big glass window behind him, you nodded while licking your lips, "Half the office is gone home already, I should leave as well." You got up, taking your bag.

"Bye." Taehyung grinned at you, "I'll see you in a month." You told him, walking to the door as you walked out.

Your neck was paining really much, "Today is saturday." You were suddenly reminded, so you realised that Soyeon will be home today, you grinned. "At least today I'll not be alone." Since Soyeon has a daycare for her, sometimes she tends to stay there for the nights, but today is a holiday, so she'll be home, you totally forget about her sometimes.

You walked out of the building, getting out of the gates and onto the pavements. "Should I buy something for her?" You asked yourself while putting your mask on, you tend to not show your face to the people, it makes you feel really weird to have people looking at you, there is something about your face that people never stop looking at you, it's really creepy and awkward that someone is looking at you walk and examining you.

You hummed a little and gripped your bag, stopping by the shop, during your pregnancy, you always came and stood in front of this shop, it's exterior was really pretty, but it was also really expensive, but for you daughter, a bit expensive is fine.

The doors automatically opened once you reached the doors, walking inside, you looked over at the various types of things.

Your eyes stopped at one thing,

Banana milk.

Soyeon loved it to death, she had to drink it in order to live on this planet, you, however didn't like it at all, but he did, maybe that's where your daughter get this love from.

You walked towards it, almost three days have passed since she hasn't drank this thing, you always tell her you'll bring it today, and end up forgetting about it, maybe this time she'll not pout at you or go to Jimin, your neighbour's house.

As soon as your hand held out the glass bottle, another large hand hovered above yours, your grin dropped as you looked beside you.

A tall, really tall man stood beside you, the same annoyed look on his face as you. He instantly removed his hands from the bottle, "I touched it first, let me have it." He said, putting his hands in his pockets.

No.

"I touched it first, I'll have it." You said, this man was looking really creepy, he was dressed in all black, pajamas so weird, his t-shirt was too large, what is wrong with his fashion sense? His hair was splattered all over his face, he put a mask and cap to hide his identity.

You stubbornly shook your head, "No, I'll have, my daughter likes it, if not then I would've given it to you." He stiffened at the word 'daughter', eyes squinting. "Your voice is utterly familiar." You sneezed.

"Gosh, let me have it, I'll give you something else." You said, looking into your bag, as you took out a chocolate, reaching out as you handed it to him. "Here, have fun." You said, he seemed younger to you, kids should eat chocolates and cure their depression.

You waved at him, walking to the counter as you quickly paid for the banana milk to cancel any other talk with the unknown man.

You quickly walked out, going into the alley that leads to your apartment behind the shop.

The man walked out with a chocolate in his hand and a frown on his face, he didn't even get a chance to say anything.

"She seemed younger to me, kids have a higher need to drink milk, she'll grow her height." He laughed, shaking his head.

"Jungkook!"

He looked ahead at his brother, Hoseok, who walked towards him. "Did you get it-" He raised his brows at the sight of a chocolate, "Where's the banana milk?" He asked. Jungkook shrugged and looked back.

"I don't know." He sighed,

"A small woman took it."