❪F O R T Y-F O U R❫

EDITED

❛ FORTY-FOUR ❜

FORTY-FOUR

IT has been a while, today Taehyung was holding a party, you asked him several times when he's going to make your wedding official in public, but he always cut the topic off.

You smiled towards Taehyung when he turned to you, "Are you tired?" He asked, you shook your head lightly at him. "Tell me whenever you wish to go home." He ruffled your hair before going to meet other guests.

You sighed, "Maybe today he'll do it." You said to yourself, nodding.

You and Taehyung were getting on more better terms and friendship. "Hey." You looked up to see Namjoon, you grinned at him. "How're you doing?" Jimin popped up from behind him, smiling.

"Fine." You said, he stood in silence, "Go on." Namjoon nudged him while smiling at you.

Your brows raised, "Is something wron-" Jimin hugged you tightly. "No, I missed you." He said. You smiled and hugged him back.

"I heard what happened to your father." Namjoon said, your smile dropped as you sighed. "I'm sorry we couldn't be there for you when you needed us." Jimin said while biting his lips.

You smiled again, "No worries." They both smiled lightly at you, ruffling your hair, Namjoon giggled. "I heard the pizza is good, go try it." You said while looking around, "Really?" Jimin asked in amusement.

You hummed, making the two rush towards the food stall. You sighed again.

"Don't tell me you forgot about me." SeokJin grinned, passing a bouquet of flowers towards you. You smiled at him, "It's like our third meeting?" You asked him cockily, making him chuckle. "I don't count that though." He said while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I just hope you'll not do something regrettable, that's all." He patted your cheek and left. "Regrettable." You repeated, sighing loudly as you sat back down.

"Can I sit here?" A voice said behind you, making you turn around. "Ah, aren't you Seulgi?" You asked her, making her grin and nod.

Basically, you met Seulgi when she came to your father's funeral because Jimin couldn't. "How are you feeling?" She asked, placing a packet of chocolates in front of you.

"Not well." You said honestly, making her laugh. "It's okay, take your time, where's that little man gone?" She asked, looking around for Jimin. "Food." You said, making her look over at you.

"I can't believe he went to eat without me." She said, getting up. "I'll go and search him, bye." She waved at you, leaving.

Your smile dropped when she left, looking around, your eyes stopped at two men.

When Hoseok noticed you, he grinned hugely, waving. You smiled back and waved, he dragged Yoongi to you, "Hey! I was searching around for you." He said, nudging Yoongi.

Hoseok, too, was a new face, Yoongi brought him to your father's funeral. "Are you okay?" He asked, making you nod. "You don't look fine." He said, giving you a rose. "Yoongi forgot to buy the bouquet so I plucked it from the garden." He grinned sheepishly.

Yoongi smiled, "That was not necessary though." You laughed lightly. Suddenly, they both paused, smiles dropping to be replaced with a nervous look.

"What's wrong?" You asked them, noticing their sudden change of expressions. They both kept glancing behind you, "Is there something behind-"

You spun around to be met with a black coat, you moved backwards, looking up to meet Jungkook's eyes. He looked down at you with sad eyes, but still smiled. "Hey." His voice cracked, he coughed lightly.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have come." He said, passing you a bag. You lightly took the bag from him, looking at him with a confused look. "Are you si-" He quickly shook his head, still coughing.

"Just a flu, I'm fine." He said, licking his lips before he rubbed his eyes. Yoongi and Hoseok quickly left.

"You don't look fine, Jungkook." You said softly, trying to touch his forehead before a memory came into your mind.

Let's act like we don't know each other.

You sighed, hand dropping by your side. "You shouldn't have come-" He looked a bit taken aback. "Ah, is that so? You don't like my presence? Then I'll lea-"

When he was about to move past you, you quickly held his sleeve, sighing. "Stop acting like a weak man, I don't mean you shouldn't have come because I don't like it, you're sick." You said.

He stared at you, lightly getting out of your grip. "But we're just strangers, why do you care if I'm sick or not?" He asked with a smile.

You felt your heartbeat stop for a second, you felt like a pathetic woman, not moving on your own words, you were afraid, you didn't even know why.

"A-Alright, stay here as long as you want to, and take care of yourself." You said, smiling.

He smiled back, before he could reply, a voice from behind cut him off,

"Jia, I have some people who want to meet you." Taehyung said, pulling you away from Jungkook.

You panicked, turning to look at Jungkook, who smiled at you, you could see his lips move as he whispered,

"Thanks a lot for caring for me, Jia."