Prologue Part 1

(A/N) This is my first time writing a fanfic, so I hope you all enjoy it)

(Y/n)- your name
(L/n)- last name
(H/c)- hair color
(E/c)- eye color
(F/c)- favorite color
(S/t)- skin tone
Thoughts

(Y/N)'S POV

I was currently running through the forest to see my dad, the wind sailing through my (h/c) hair. I could feel my bare feet slapping the ground with every step, and my shoulders brushing against the occasional bush as I ran. I had a huge grin on my face, because today was my birthday. As I entered the clearing in which we lived, I saw him. The apocalypse dragon, Fatalis.

(A/N) The picture above is what he looks like)

My smile grew even wider as I began to run as fast as my legs could carry me toward my dad.

(Y/n): FATALIS! FATALIS!

His head rose, and he turned to me. His white scales were shining in the sun light.

Fatalis: What has you all excited like this, my child?

(Y/n): Guess what day it is!

Fatalis: Hmm, July 6th. If I remember correctly, today is your birthday.

I began nodding frantically, and was bouncing up and down with joy.

(Y/n): YES! You remembered!

Fatalis: I would never forget your birthday, child. If I did, I would never forgive myself.

I hugged his large head and chuckled. My fingers traced over a scar where his left eye would be.

Fatalis: Did I ever tell you how I lost my eye?

(Y/n): No, I don't think you did.

Fatalis: Well, it happened while I was in battle. Back then I despised humans and wanted to see them all burn. I was destroying a capital city when a young swordsman interrupted my rampage. I could tell he didn't want to fight me, so I began to try and provoke him. I told him he was weak, feeble, and a poor excuse for a wizard. He didn't let my insults anger him, but he ended up fighting me only to protect his kingdom. I tried to attack him, but he was too fast for me. When I was distracted, he caught me by surprise and slashed at my eye with his blade.

(Y/n): That guy sounds like a jerk.

Fatalis: I'm not finished, (y/n).

(Y/n): Sorry, please go on.

Fatalis: ok, when it came time for me to leave, the swordsman told me something, something I will never forget. He said "Fatalis, one-day you are going to find someone. That person will change your life, so when you find them please promise me that you will care for them." I took his words to heart and left without saying a word.

(Y/n): So, was that man talking about me?

Fatalis: Maybe he was. Oh, I just remembered, I have a gift for you.

(Y/n): really, what is it?

Fatalis: close your eyes and you'll see.

I did as I was told and tightly closed my eyes with both my arms extended forward, awaiting my gift. I felt his claws place something in my hands.

Fatalis: ok, you can open your eyes now.

I opened my eyes and saw something I wasn't expecting. It was a sword that was held within a deer skin scabbard.