Chapter 1: A New Day

(Y/N)'S POV

       It was just another normal day in the guild. Grey was stripping, Cana was getting wasted, and Loke was flirting with girls. The only thing different was that it was quiet. A rare thing to experience in Fairy Tail. Natsu went to Hargeon to look into a rumor about a dragon sighting, so he wasn't here to start fights with anyone. I decided not to tag along though because I knew it would be a bust.

Erza was out on a job somewhere and wasn't here to boss people around. Which meant everybody was free to do whatever they wanted until she got back.

At the moment I was partaking in my favorite pass time, hang from a ceiling fan by my tail with my wings wrapped around me. People in the guild actually started calling me "bat boy" because I did this so often.

It was peaceful for a change, I was final able to take a well deserved break from all the missions I've been taking. That is until the front door burst open.

Natsu: WE MADE IT BACK ALIVE!

Another guild member said something to Natsu which was followed by Natsu kicking him in the face. This resulted in an all-out brawl with almost everyone in the guild hall.

I reverted back to my human form and fell to the floor, sticking the landing. I was about to intervene, but something else caught my attention. A blonde girl I've never seen before, walking into the guild hall.

???: Wow, I'm really standing in the Fairy Tail guild hall.

I walk over to her, and began to question her, while also trying to be polite.

(Y/n): excuse me, but who are you exactly?

???: Oh, I'm Lucy. I want to join Fairy Tail, if it's not too much trouble.

(Y/n): well, your gonna need to talk to Mira about that, she usually handles the newbies.

Natsu: HEY (Y/N), FIGHT ME!

Natsu ran towards me as flames surrounded his fist.

Natsu: FIRE DRAGON IRON FIST!

I caught his fist before it made contact with my face and proceeded to throw him across the room.

(Y/n): Natsu, your gonna have to try harder than that if you wanna take me down. If you stopped holding back maybe you would have a chance.

Natsu: fine, if you want me to stop holding back-

He bumped both his fist together and they burst into flames.

Natsu: -then I'll just have to come at you with everything I've got!

I just put my hands in my pockets, and waited for what was bound to happen. he ran at me head first.

Natsu: FIRE DRAGON-

He was cut off when a massive foot stepped on him.

Makarov: WILL YOU ALL STOP BICKERING LIKE CHILDREN?!

Everybody stood completely still. He then turned to Lucy who had a terrified look on her face.

Makarov: well, looks like we have a new recruit.

Lucy: y-yes sir.

He began to shrink and returned to his usual, short self.

Makarov: nice to meet ya.

Lucy: he's tiny!

Mira took the liberty of introducing the master to Lucy. Gramps then leaped onto the balcony and spoke.

Makarov: you've gone a done it again, you bunch of clods! Just look at how much paperwork the magic council sent me this time! This is the largest pile of complaints yet! Have you lost your minds?! All you kids are good for is getting the higher-ups mad at me!

My head drooped because I knew I was responsible for at least half of those complaints. The master began shaking as his rage continued to grow.

Makarov: However-

The stack of papers in his hand where set a blaze as he started to speak in a much calmer tone of voice.

Makarov: -I say to heck with the magic council.

He threw flaming sheets of paper into the crowd below as Natsu jumped up and caught it in his mouth.

Makarov: now listen up. Any power that surpasses reason still come from reason, right? Magic isn't some kind of miraculous power, it is a talent that only works when the flow of energy inside of us and the flow of energy in the natural world are in perfect in synchronization. To preform magic one much have a strong mind and the ability to focus. It should take over your being and come pouring out of your soul. If all we do is worry about following rules then our magic will never progress. Don't let those blowhards on the magic council scare you, follow the path you believe in.

I looked around the guild hall and saw that the master's speech was getting everyone riled up.

Makarov: cause that's what make the Fairy Tail guild number 1!

The entire guild started roaring with applause and cheering. I threw up my hand with excitement, my thumb and index finger being the only ones out.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) reading while simultaneously blocking chibi Natsu's punches.

After that speech the master gave, everybody went back to doing their usual thing. I was sitting at a table having lunch when gramps called my name

Makarov: (y/n), can you come here for a moment?

I quickly scarfed down my food and walked over to where he was sitting.

(Y/n): what do you need me for, master?

Makarov: I have a job for you. On the edge of Fiore, a large city has been experiencing some trouble with a monster that lives atop a nearby mountain. People says that it just shows up, destroys a few building, then goes back to the mountain. So, I was wondering if you could help.

(Y/n): sure, I have nothing else to do.

Makarov: good, I suggest you pack your things and leave as soon as possible.

(Y/n): if I leave now I can probably make it back in a few days. HEY OAK!

Oak was eating when he heard me. He flew over to me and the master as he was still chowing down.

Oak: yeah?

(Y/n): we're leaving for a job, lets go.

Oak: I thought we were taking the week off.

Yeah, me and Oak went on 74 missions in the past month, so we decided to take the week off and get some rest and just relax.

(Y/n): we were, but this mission sounds kinda serious. So we kinda have to go.

Oak: fine, but we better stop for snacks on the way back.

(Y/n): I promise. Anyway let's get going.

We both walked out of the guild hall and I activated my transformation. With 1 flap of my wings I was soaring through the sky with my best friend by my side.

Oak: so how far is this place again?

(Y/n): gramps said it was on the edge of Fiore. We've got a while before we get there.

Oak: well, how about some traveling tunes?

(Y/n): I swear, if you start singing I'll feed you to this monster myself.

(A/n) yeah, the rest will be in the next chapter)