Chapter 56: The Truth Revealed

(A/n) I just wanted to ask you guys something. Do any of you know who Eris actually is?)

(Y/n)'s POV

We walked through Blackrock Forest looking for this ancient temple. We hang been walking for over an hour.

Amber: WHERE IS IT?!

(Y/n): IT FEELS LIKE WE'VE BEEN WALKING A CENTURY!

Lyric: would you two stop complaining?! The more you complain, the longer this is gonna take!

I did as he said and stayed quiet. As we continued walking, I had a thought.

(Y/n): hey dad...

Lyric: hm?

(Y/n): how exactly did you become a part of Deadlock in the first place?

He turned to me.

Lyric: I wanna say I was 12 when I first joined.

Amber: you joined a dark guild when you were 12?

Lyric: they didn't seem to mind. Anyway, I was abnormally strong for a child, and they saw potential in me. So they took me in and trained me. They turned me into a living weapon, a one man army. I was a force to be reckoned with...that is until I met your mother.

(A/n) in terms of childhood, I imagine Lyric having Escanor's backstory)

After ANOTHER HOUR we were still walking around the forest.

Lyric: ok...this is getting ridiculous.

He took off his eye patch and opened his eye. He then looked to his right.

Lyric: this way.

(Y/n): wait, how do you know?

Lyric: you know how I can see the future when I open my right eye?

(Y/n): yeah.

Lyric: well, if we're gonna be at the temple in the next few hours, then that means I can see us there in the future and determine the right direction.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went along with it. After 15 minutes we finally arrived at the temple.

Lyric: ok, from what Dice told us, the temple can only be opened by someone who already has god like power

Lyric and Amber place they're hands on the door and it slid open.

(Y/n): Lyric, keep your eye open. This place is supposed to be full of booby traps.

Amber: *giggles* he said traps.

We entered the temple and we're met with a chamber with 2 massive stone statues.