Chapter 34: The Look Of Insanity

(Y/n)'s POV

I was sitting on a rock waiting for the timer to hit 0. Seeing the looks on their faces as they ran in fear was hilarious. I couldn't wait to see their faces when I catch them.

Makarov: time's up, get a move on, (y/n).

(Y/n): got it.

I got up from my seat and took a big whiff of the air, trying to find a scent trail. After a while I found 1.

(Y/n): Gajeel and Levy.

I sprinted into the forest following the trail as I ran. I soon saw what looked to be long black hair beyond the trees.

(Y/n): found ya.

I slowed down and began clawing on all fours like a lion stalking an antelope. I was about to pounce until I notice that he wasn't moving a muscle. I took a peek through the shrubs that I was hiding in and saw Gajeel on his back battered and bruised.

(Y/n): HOLY CRAP!

I ran over and knelt down beside him to see if he was ok.

(Y/n): Gajeel, what happened?!

Gajeel: (y/n), is that you?

(Y/n): yeah, it's me. What happened to you?

He turned his head an seemed to be looking at something. I followed his gaze and saw a guy who looked to be covered in hair and wearing armor. I walked over to him and got a closer look at his armor. I looked at his chest plate and the emblem of the dark guild Grimoire Heart.

(Y/n): you've gotta be kidding me. What are they doing here?

Gajeel: no idea, but whatever it is, it can't be good.

(Y/n): well, we can worry about that later, for now we need to get you somewhere safe.

I picked Gajeel up on my back but he protested.

Gajeel: put me down I can walk just fine on my own.

(Y/n): dude, no you can't.

Gajeel: I'm telling you I can.

(Y/n): if you say so.

I let him go and he fell to the forest floor face first.

(Y/n): still think you can walk?

Gajeel: *muffled* fine you win.

(Y/n): that's what I thought.

I was about to pick him up again when I heard a voice in the distance.

???: Gajeel!

I turned and saw Levy, Erza, and Juvia running towards us.

Erza: (y/n), what happened here?

(Y/n): I don't know, he was like this when I got here.

Levy: Gajeel, please tell me you're ok.

Gajeel: told you I could handle those chumps by myself.

Levy smiled with tears in her eyes. Then the hairy guy started talking.

???: Hahahahahaha, you fools don't stand a chance. Our main fighting force is right on our heels. Wizards who's power far exceeds my own they are known as the 8 Kin of Purgatory.

Erza: this isn't gonna be good. (Y/n), we'll take Gajeel to safety, you find the others and tell them what's going on.

(Y/n): I'm on it. Stay safe you guys.

Erza: we will, now get moving.

I smiled at Erza 1 last time before run off to find my other guild mates.