Chapter 57: What Doesn't Kill Me

(Y/n)'s POV

???: Wake up, (y/n).

I opened my eyes and saw a blue sky above me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

???: Hello, (y/n).

My eyes widened and I began looking around for that strange voice. I then saw that I was in a forest instead of the temple I was just in.

(Y/n): what said that?!

???: It's me, Voice.

(Y/n): wait, you're the voice in Lyric's head?

Voice: yes.

(Y/n): what are you doing here?

Voice: a thank you would be appreciated. I just saved your life.

(Y/n): wait, what?

Voice: right before Eldra killed you, I teleported you out of the temple and left a pile of ashes in your place.

(Y/n): so where am I now?

Voice: you're currently in a dream like state, that's how I'm talking to you right now. I brought you here to show you something. Follow me.

A ball of light appeared in front of me and started heading further into the forest. I followed it. We then entered small clearing and I was shocked at what I saw. There in the clearing was a cabin. I saw 2 people sitting on the steps leading to the door.

I walked closer to them and could finally see their faces.

(Y/n): Lyric, Stella?

I noticed Stella holding something in here arms. I knelt down to see it. A baby wrapped in a warm white blanket.

(Y/n): it's...me. why are you showing me this?

Voice: because you deserve to know what happened.

Stella: he's so precious. His little eyes shine like diamonds.

The baby giggled causing Lyric and Stella to laugh as well. They both walked inside. The sky turned black and stars filled the sky. I heard the sound of hooves approaching the cabin. I turned and saw 2 men on horseback.

???: Do we have to do this?

???: If we don't, Eldra's gonna kill us.

They got off of their horses and walked to the side of the house. One of the men opened a window and crawled inside. I ran into the house and entered the nursery.

I saw the man walk over to the crib and pick up the sleeping infant inside. It was then that I saw something on his shoulder. Deadlock's guild emblem. Right before the man left, he accidentally bumped against a shelf and knock over a vase. It fell to the floor and shattered. I then heard Lyric and Stella wake up in the other room.

Lyric: what was that?!

The man rushed through the window as Lyric barged through the door, sword in hand. He saw the man as the man went out the window. Lyric rushed outside to go after them and I followed. I saw the 2 men riding away on their horses. Just then Stella came outside and started crying.

Voice: go follow them.

I sprouted my wings and flew off after them. I caught up with them and saw that they put the baby in a bag on the side of 1 the horses. Surprisingly, the baby was still asleep. The stopped and began talking.