Chapter 47: The King Of Destruction

(Y/n)'s POV

It was really him. The one who raised me and taught me my magic.

(Y/n): Fatalis?!

He turned his head to me and seemed to smile.

Fatalis: well, what do we have here? Fresh meat.

(Y/n): wait what?

He rushed at and tried to sink his teeth into me. I rolled out of the way.

(Y/n): Fatalis, what are you doing? It's me, (y/n)!

Fatalis: I'd rather not learn the names of my dinner, it makes them taste bitter.

He swiped at me with his massive claws. I ducked and watched as he destroyed the building behind me.

(Y/n): I'm not gonna fight you, Fatalis!

Fatalis: is that so? Then you are nothing but a weak meal to me.

Suddenly, I saw his tail coming at me and hit me into a wall.

Fatalis: You're a pitiful excuse for a wizard. Now...die.

He inhaled and started charging a breath attack. I held my side in pain.

(Y/n): please...don't...do this.

He unleased his breath attack and I watched it heading right towards me. I closed my eyes and awaited the impact, but I felt something zoom by and grab the back of my shirt, pulling away from the blast.

We hid behind another building and when I opened my eyes I saw Lyric.

Lyric: you ok, kid?

(Y/n): yeah, I'm fine.

Lyric: what's going on? Why aren't you fighting back?

(Y/n): that's Fatalis.

Lyric: wait, your dragon dad?!

I nodded.

(Y/n): I can't fight the one who raised me.

Lyric: listen, kid. That is not the Fatalis you once knew. The gate back at the castle opens a portal 400 years into the past. So this is Fatalis before he ever met you. Back when he was a rampaging monster. So you gotta fight him.

(Y/n): not gonna happen. I refuse to fight the one I called dad.

He grabbed me by the shoulders and started shaking me.

Lyric: WOULD YOU JUST LISTEN?! HE'S GONNA DESTROY THE CITY IF YOU DON'T STOP HIM!

(Y/n): WELL, WHY DON'T YOU DO IT?!

Lyric: I'M A GODSLAYER! I CAN'T SLAY A DRA-

Fatalis: so, human, where are you?

Lyric put his hand over my mouth to keep me quiet.

Fatalis: come now, don't be shy. Step into the light. Enough of your hiding. You seek to slay me?!*chuckles* I...am...FATALIS! I kill when I wish! I am strong. Strong. STRONG! My armor is like ten bolt shields, my teeth are like swords, my claws Spears, the shock of my tail...a THUNDERBOLT, my wings...are HURRICANES, and my breath...DEATH!

Suddenly, another breath attack came through the wall of the building we were hiding behind, barely missing us.

Lyric: come on, kid. Man up. If you won't do what I tell you then do what your kingdom tells you. Fight him to protect your friends, your family.

I thought for a moment before nodding.

Lyric: good. I need to get back to the castle. I'll talk to you when this is all over.