Prologue Part 2

(Y/N)'S POV

It's been at least a year since Fatalis abandoned me. I searched every city I came across, but no luck. He was my only family, and he just up and left. All I had left was the sword he gave me. I would start crying myself to sleep every night, that is if I could ever find a decent place to sleep.

I was in the city, Hargeon, wandering down the street, asking people probably the strangest question anyone has ever asked them.

(Y/n): Excuse me, sir. Have you seen a dragon any where around here?

Man: HA, dragons have been extinct for over 400 years. Your not gonna find 1 here, kid.

He walked off laughing to himself. I look down out of sadness, but looked up when I felt something wet land of my head. It then began to rain as thousands of little water droplets were pelting me. I found shelter in an alley, where I used an old piece of clothing as a blanket.

I started to cry, I've search everywhere, where could he be? As I was struggling to sleep I heard a strange voice.

???: Why are you crying, boy.

My eyes shot open and I saw a short old man holding a staff. He was balding, and the hair that he DID have had moved to the sides of his head.

(Y/N): why do you care? Doesn't seem like anyone else does.

Old man: I'm not the kind of person to leave someone who clearly needs help.

(Y/n): who is this old geezer?

Old man: Now, I'll ask you 1 more time. Why are you crying?

I was silent for a few seconds before I decided to speak.

(Y/n): my father left me a year ago. I've been looking for him since then, but I haven't found anything. The only thing he left me was this sword.

I took my sword out of the scabbard that I was carrying on my back.

(Y/n): All I want is to be part of a family again.

The tears started to pour from my eyes even quicker.

Old man: Well, how about you join my family?

My head shot up as my eyes were opened wider than I knew possible. He extended his hand to me.

Old man: If you come with me and join my guild, I promise that you will have a family once again.

(Y/n): Y-you promise?

Old man: The decision is yours, but I'm not going to leave a young man like yourself here.

I reach out my hand and took his. His presence was strange, it felt warm and comforting. I got to my feet and let go of his hand.

Old man: Oh, how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Master Makarov, guild master of the Fairy Tail guild.

(Y/n): I'm (y/n) (l/n).

Makarov: Well, it's a pleasure to meet you (y/n). Anyway let's go.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) getting motion sick on the train to Magnolia.

I was thankful to finally be off that train. It felt like 30 years before we got off. I had to puke in a nearby trashcan because my stomach hurt so much.

Makarov: you ok there, (y/n)?

(Y/n): y-yeah, I'm *gags* fine.

Makarov: well, the Fairy tail guild hall's this way. Come along.