Chapter 43: The Journal

(Y/n)'s POV

It was the second day of the Grand Magic Games. Me and the rest of Fairy Tail team B were in our stand watching today's event. It was a sort of cart race. Each contestant had to run along these moving platforms to get to the finish line.

The only problem was that Fairy Tail pick Natsu and Gajeel participate in this event, as well as Sting from Sabertooth.

Oh, I should probably mention, Sabertooth has 2 dragonslayers. Sting, the white dragonslayer, and Rouge, the shadow dragonslayer.

Anyway, being dragonslayers means they're prone to motion sickness. I watched as the 3 of them struggled to move. Looks like motion sickness is universal among dragonslayers.

Mira: does it effect you too Laxus?

Laxus: just don't tell Natsu, he'd never let me live it down.

(Y/n): HA!

My smile disappeared as I remembered last night. I took Lyric's journal, which was in my bag and looked at it. Juvia noticed me and spoke.

Juvia: what's that, (y/n)?

(Y/n): uh, just a journal that Lyric gave to me last night.

Mira: are you gonna read it?

(Y/n): I don't know. I have no idea what I might find in here.

Laxus: I say do it. You won't know until you open that thing.

I hesitated for a moment, but I took his advice. I opened to the first page and started reading.

Day 1

Today is the beginning of my journey to find my son and bring him home. When I bring him back we can finally be a family again. Those bastards think they can just sneak into my house and steal my baby, I don't think so.
Those assholes are gonna get what's coming to them. You don't take a father's pride and joy and just expect everything to be safe afterwards. I'm getting my son back, and there's nothing that can stop me.

(Y/n): he sounded pretty determined to get me back. Let's just skip a few pages and see what we find.

I flipped through the pages and stopped.

Day 56

Another bust. I snuck into another bandit camp and ended up getting caught, they gave me a nasty scar on my cheek too. This isn't the end, I'm not giving up that easily. I'll do whatever it takes to find (y/n) and bring him back.

I skipped a few more.

Day 643

The winter's night is colder than it's ever been. I'm currently sheltered inside a cave. I have a fire set up, but all the wood is wet from the blizzard and it's not gonna last me long. I'm cold and hungry. The only thing keeping me going is the thought of seeing my precious Stella's face and seeing her smile as she holds our child in her arms.

It was at that moment that I started think about who my mother was. Who was she? What was she like? I continued reading.

Day 2492

Well, today would have been (y/n)'s 7th birthday. If only I were there with him. All I want is to see him grow up into a strong, kind man. I want that more than anything. Happy birthday (y/n).

I started picturing Lyric in these situations and wondering what it would be like if he was actually there for me.

Day 5110

14 years and still nothing. I've been wandering around this damn continent for 14 years and I haven't found any trace of (y/n). I hate to say it, but I'm starting to loose hope of ever finding him. I've tried almost everything, except for 1 thing. My only hope to finding (y/n) is to drop to my knees before the ones above and beg them to help me. It's the only option I have left, I gotta take it.

(Y/n): so he had to resort to begging the gods? I knew he was desperate, but dropping to his knees and begging is on a whole nother level.

I turned to the next page.

Day 5111

It worked, it actually works. I can't believe it. I went to a shine yesterday and just begged the gods to help me find my son. However, they didn't tell me where he is, but they gave me the power to find him and destroy anyone who tries to stop me. The only downsides are that my right eye is killing me and I have this voice in my head who won't shut up.

(Y/n): god, he's crazier than I thought! A voice in his head?!

Day 5840

Finally, after all these years I finally found him. I was in the town of Magnolia when I saw a young man walking out of the Fairy Tail guild hall. I also saw him with a red haired girl and a flying, brown furred cat. I followed them as they walked into the forest on the edge of town and saw them enter a treehouse in the middle of the woods. Turns out (y/n) built it himself. I was surprised. He managed to build his own house at such a young age.

I wanted to go and knock on the door, but something stopped me. The voice told me that it wasn't wise to approach him right now. He said that at this age his emotions were unstable and doing something so drastic wouldn't be safe and that I should wait until he was older and had more control over his emotions. He was right there, right in front of me, but if I approached him it would have destructive consequences. So it would be best if I wait until the right moment. It pains me but I have to wait just a while longer.

(Y/n): so he found me, but he just couldn't approach me in fear of mass destruction. Is that really a good reason to leave me in suspense for 3 years before making a his move?

I closed the book and my attention was back to the games.

Laxus: so what'd you find?

(Y/n): a lot of the stuff in there was...eye opening.