Chapter 44: The Perfect Storm

(Y/n)'s POV

Ok, so the third day of the games has come around. I was a bit hesitant to take Lyric's advice and participant in today's event, but he was right about Cana being WAY too drunk to do it.

I walked out onto the field and met with the other participants. Erza, Jura from Lamia Scale, Hibiki from Blue Pegasus, Obra from Raven Tail, Orga from Sabertooth, Nobarly from Quatro Cerberus, and Millianna who is now a part of Mermaid Heel.

Millianna: long time no see, nosey boy.

(Y/n): is that your nickname for me now?

Millianna: yep, and there's nothing you can do about it.

(Y/n): damnit.

Announcer: let get today's event started!

A black magic circle appeared in the sky above the arena. A huge structure emerged from it. It looked like something out of a horror novel.

The game's mascot, Mato, spoke.

Mato: before you stands a castle filled with vicious monsters! That's Pandemonium!

(Y/n): holy crap.

Jura: I take it we're to do battle with these monsters?

Mato: yes! You are correct, sir! 100 terrifying beasts are lurking within the castle walls! Each of you will pick the number of monsters you wish to battle and if you defeat them all, you will be given that amount of points.

(Y/n): well, this is gonna be interesting.

Mato: each of you will draw straws to determine who goes first

We all drew our straws. The order was Erza, Millianna, Nobarly, Hibiki, Obra, Orga, Jura, and...me.

(Y/n): aw man!

Erza took her pick and...

Erza: I choose to challenge...all of them!

(Y/n): OH COME ON!

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Erza completely dominating Pandemonium

Ok, so Erza managed to beat pandemonium into the ground. Which meant that today's event had to be changed.

Mato: ok, after some deliberation, we decided that the 7 remaining teams still need to be ranked. So we're having another contest.

I strange device appeared next to the pumpkin headed man.

Mato: this games may be a little on the boring side compared to pandemonium, but I think it will suffice.

Orga: what is that thing?

Mato: the magic power finder, or MPF for short. Pretty snazzy, huh.?

Jura: in other words it measures a wizards magic power?

Mato: righto. If you cast a spell on this device, it will display your magic power in numerical form. We'll use this number to decide the rankings for the remaining teams. Quick and easy.

(Y/n): this seems a bit 1 sided given the fact that THERE'S A WIZARD SAINT NEXT TO ME!

Jura: don't get all worked up, (y/n). Who knows, you might just come in second place.

(Y/n): IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER?!

Mato: let's begin shall we? Since you all drew straws earlier, we'll continue in that order.

Millianna: that means it's finally my turn.

She threw off the cloak she was wearing.

Millianna: KITTEN BLAST!

365

Next up was Nobarly from Quatro Cerberus who scored 124.

Now for Hibiki. 95.

(Y/n): HA! NICE TRY, PRETTY BOY!

Obra from Raven Tail was up next. His score was...4 point.

Mato: I'm sorry but I'm afraid we can't allow any do overs.

(Y/n): I can't tell, was that on purpose or what?

Mato: ok Millianna of Mermaid Heel is currently in the lead with 365 points.

Orga: I'm about to change that.

He stood in front of the MPF and charged up his magic.

Orga: 120 MILLIMETER BLACK LIGHTNING CANNON!

His attack hit the MPF dead on and when I saw his score, my jaw dropped.

(Y/n): 3825!

Orga them grabbed the microphone from Mato and started...singing?

(Y/n): is that really necessary?

Up next is the wizard saint Jura himself.

Jura: do you mind if I give it my all?

Mato: that's the game, isn't it?

The ground beneath our feet began to shake, then Jura unleased everything he had.

Jura: CRUMBLING FUJI!

His score was unbelievable. 8544.

He then walked over to me.

Jura: best of luck to you, (y/n).

Mato: you're up, (y/n)!

How the hell was I supposed to follow up that? My legs felt like jelly as I walked over to the MPF. I didn't know what to do, none of my magic attacks could come close to that. I just stood there shaking.

Lyric's POV

I watched in dismay as (y/n) just stood in the middle of the arena trembling in fear. That wizard saint gave him quite a score to beat.

He looked to his friends for encouragement

Natsu: COME ON, (Y/N)! YOU CAN DO THIS!

Grey: TURN THAT THING TO DUST!

He then turned to me and just mouthed the words...

Lyric: don't hold back.

(Y/n)'s POV

I turned back to the MPF and regained my composer. I raised my hand with my palm facing the sky. Magic energy began resonating from my body at an alarming rate.

The clouds above the coliseum turned red and began swirling above us. Lightning crashed within the vortex. A massive ball of electricity started forming in the center of it until it was about the size of the arena itself.

(Y/n): the people here came for a show and I plan to give them what they want.

I closed my hand.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON PERFECT STORM!

The ball of lightning sailed towards the MPF and I turned to everyone else.

(Y/n): EVERYONE HIT THE DECK!

Everybody dove for the ground as the lightning ball made contact with the MPF, completely destroying it. The dust cleared revealing my score.

Announcer: 9999! Ladies and gentlemen, (y/n) has made MPF history with that amazing display of magic power!

I threw my fist up in victory and everyone started cheering.

I walked of to the stands with my team and took a bit of a breather. Little did I know that I would be short lived.

Announcer: now, let's get to today's battles shall we? It looks like (y/n) won't have time for a break cause our first fight of the day is (y/n) vs...