Chapter 51: Family Bonding Time

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up in my bed like every other morning before. I got up and walked into the kitchen only to find Amber sitting at the dinner table. I noticed bags under her eyes.

(Y/n): couldn't sleep, sis?

Amber: is it that obvious?

(Y/n): do I dare ask why?

Amber: mom and dad were...doing things. My loft is right above their room so I could hear everything that was going on.

(Y/n): yeah, I thought that might happen sooner or later. I'll see if I can put some padding in the walls to muffle the noise.

Amber: I would love it if you did that.

(Y/n): anyway, we should probably get dressed and head off to the guild hall.

We did just that. Amber was sitting face down on a table while I was browsing the quest board. After half an hour passed, Lyric and Stella came in. Lyric stood next to me while Stella sat with Amber.

Lyric: find anything yet?

(Y/n): na, to be honest there's not much here.

Lyric: what about this?

He took a flyer from the board and looked at it.

Lyric: 500000 JEWEL JUST TO GET RID OF A MONSTER?!

(Y/n): let me see that.

I took the flyer and read it.

(Y/n): a vicious monster terrorizing a desert village, huh? Yeah, this one sounds good.

We walked over to Stella and Amber.

Lyric: hey, we were just about to go on this mission, ya wanna come?

Amber: sure, I don't wanna get caught in one of Natsu's brawls again.

Stella: I don't see why not. Let's go.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Amber laughing at chibi (y/n) being motion sick

We were walking across this vast desert, looking for this monster we were being paid to hunt down. Amber and Lyric were sweating like crazy.

Lyric/Amber: IT'S SO HOT!

(Y/n): WOULD YOU STOP SAYING THAT?! YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THE HEAT SINCE WE GOT HERE!

Amber: do we even know what this monster looks like? How are we supposed to know when we found it?

Stella: the people in the village said we'd know it when we see it. So stop complaining and keep walking.

After a while I saw something in my peripheral vision. The sand on 1 the dunes was shifting, like something was moving underneath it.

Amber: what the hell is that?

Lyric: if I hand to guess, I'd say it's the monster we're looking for.

Stella: well, let's go after it.

(Y/n): no, we need to make it come to us. Lyric, would you mind?

Lyric: not at all. APOCALYPSE GOD JUDGEMENT FIST!

Lyric punched the ground and the move began making it's way towards us.

(Y/n): get ready.

Lyric requiped Ziel, Amber made her warhammer, and I took out Meliode. Even after a month, I've never seen Stella's magic in action, I was pretty excited to see it.

The monster quickly approached us and leaped out of the sand.

Stella: SCATTER!

We all ran in different directions like rats in a kitchen. Seeing the monster spark familiar memories, this wasn't the first time I've gone up again 1 of them.