Chapter 53: Brought Into The Light

Flashback

Stella's POV

I was walking through the forest with my friends not far behind me. Echo stretched as her long, silver hair shined in the sunlight. Benjamin yawned and scratched his beard as he had forgotten to shave the night before. Zephyr was just being too quite for me to notice him.

Benjamin: hey Stella, what did you say this job was again?

Echo: and why did we have to leave at 6 in the morning to do it?

Stella: I told you before we left. The guy at the village said we're supposed to deal with a group of dark wizards that have been hiding out in this forest.

Echo: I get that, but why are we doing it?

Stella: cause we're nice...and maybe the guy at the village will give us a little cheddar cheese for our efforts.

Benjamin: which isn't the point.

Stella: which isn't the point...I mean, if he doesn't pony up-

Zephyr: we take his shit.

Stella: b-b-b-b-bingo.

Benjamin gave me a disapproving glare and I just laughed and shook my head.

Lyric's POV

I watched as those wizards from Fairy Tail walked through our territory. I leaped onto another branch as I followed him. Suddenly, I felt something pull on the collar of my shirt. I turned and saw my friend, Eldra.

Eldra: dude, master told us to head back to the guild hall an hour ago.

Lyric: since when do you do what the old man tells ya?

Eldra: seriously, master Esper was very clear that he wanted us back now.

Lyric: I'll tell you what. We clip these fairies' wings and I treat you to a drink when we get back to the guild. That sound good?

Eldra: *sigh* fine. But let's make this quick.

Stella's POV

We just kept walking through the woods until Zephyr spoke up.

Zephyr: stop!

We stopped walking and turned to him.

Echo: what's wrong?

A ball of wind appeared in his hand. He turned around and threw it at a nearby tree. A man fell from a branch with a scream and landed flat on his back. Another man jumped from the tree and sprinted towards us.

???: BONSAI!

A sword appeared in his hand and he slashed at Echo, who ducked and dodged it. I had to act fast. I picked up a rock an chucked it at the guy's head.

???: OW!

Stella: over here, jackass!

I ran off into the wood and he followed me.

Benjamin: Stella, wait!

I ran threw the forest with him on my tail. I stopped running when I reached the side of a cliff.

At the edge of the cliff was a bunch of boulders and a feet away from me was the entrance to a cave system.

I heard someone yelling and turned to see that dark wizard with his sword held high. I changed my hand into a sword and blocked his attack. He pushed me up against the cliff's side, but we stopped when we heard the sound of rocks moving. We looked up and saw the boulders shifting before plummeting towards us.