Chapter 55: Rolling Dice

(Y/n)'s POV

I landed in front of the guild hall and walked inside. The moment Lyric saw, he ran up to me all excited.

Lyric: did you do it?! Is Deadlock destroyed?!

I looked down.

(Y/n): their guild hall is nothing but a crater, but Eldra and his henchman got away.

Lyric looked down too.

(Y/n): there's 1 more thing.

They all turned to me.

(Y/n): he mentioned something called the stone of Eris. Do you know anything about that?

Lyric: no...I've never heard of it. Wait, give me a sec.

Lyric took off his eye patch and opened his right eye. After a few seconds, Lyric had a terrified expression. He quickly put his eye patch back on.

(Y/n): what'd you see?

Lyric: c-chaos...destruction...devastation!

Seeing his expression startled me.

(Y/n): how the hell are we supposed to stop Eldra from getting something if we don't even know what he's looking for?

He sighed.

Lyric: I...might know someone who can help us.

Stella: well, who is it?

Lyric: her name is Dice. She runs a casino in Oshibana. If you're looking for information, she's the one you should be looking for.

Amber: how do you know this?

Lyric: while I was looking for (y/n), we had a run in. She should tell us what we want to know...for the right price.

(Y/n): of course she's only in it for the money.

Lyric: yeah, she's an egocentric bitch who only knows this stuff so she can charge people in order to get the info they want.

(Y/n): and you're sure she'll have the info we need?

Lyric: yes, she's never not had the right info.

(Y/n): well, let's get going.

Erza: we're coming with you.

(Y/n): NO!

My voice boomed through the guild hall. Erza stood there, shocked.

I calmed myself.

(Y/n): you guy aren't coming cause I don't want you getting caught in the crossfire. We underestimated Deadlock the first time we fought them. If you come along you might get hurt or killed. If that happened on my watch, I'd never forgive myself...I don't wanna loose you.

Erza walked up to me and kissed me.

Erza: if you don't want us to come with you than that fine. You have your family to back you up. Just let me say something before you go.

She hugged me.

Erza: stay safe.

I hugged back.

(Y/n): I'll try.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Amber clinging to chibi (y/n) in fear as they fly through the air

We landed in Oshibana and Lyric led the way to the casino. We entered and looked around.

Stella: so where is she?

Lyric: she usually hangs around the middle of the casino. Follow me.

We walked to the middle of the casino and saw a woman with long pink hair and sunglasses.

Lyric: hey Dice.

She looked at us and smiled. She took off her sunglasses.

Dice: as I live and breath. Long time no see, Lyric. How that search for your son going?

He pointed at me. Dice looked at me and got up from her chair. She walked up to me and smiled. She licked her lip.

Dice: hm, he's so handsome, just like his father.

I noticed that Stella seemed a little miffed. Her eyes turned red and those black marks appeared on her arms.

The pink haired woman began circling me, checking me out from head to toe.

Dice: is he single?

Stella: no, he's spoken for!

Dice: aw, that's a shame. He looks absolutely delicious.

Stella looked like she was getting angrier with every passing second.

Stella: we didn't come here so you can make passes at my son! We need information!

Dice: of course, of course. Whatcha need to know?

(Y/n): we need information about the stone of Eris.

Dice: hm.

She sat back down and put her sunglasses on.

Dice: that's a pretty tall order. Of course you'll be paying up front.

Lyric: we're aware of that. What's your price?

Dice: hm, info about that relic is pretty valuable, so let's say...50 billion.

(Y/n): I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF CASH!

Dice: oh, that's just fine.

She looked at me and smiled. Dice then undid the top 2 buttons of her shirt, revealing her cleavage.

Dice: maybe there's another way you can pa-

Suddenly, Stella grabbed her by the neck and pinned her to the wall across the room.

Dice winced as she impacted the wall. Stella walked over to her with rage burning in her eyes.

Stella: listen up, you little bitch! If you don't tell us what we want to know, I'm gonna tear you limb from limb

Dice was terrified by Stella.

Dice: OK OK!

Stella dropped her and they walked back over to us. I turned to Lyric.

(Y/n): that's...the woman you married.

Lyric: and I don't regret it.

Dice sat down. I planted my hand on the table.

(Y/n): now...tell us about the stone of Eris.

Dice: well, legends say that it's a gemstone that gives anyone who wields it the power of the gods.

(Y/n): yeah, so? Amber and Lyric have god like power.

Dice: no, were talking god with a capital G. Anyone who has it can reduce an entire planet to ash in the blink of an eye.

Amber: so anyone who has that stone is basically God?

Dice nodded.

(Y/n): where can we find it?

Dice: deep within the Blackrock Forest. There's an ancient temple with the stone inside. The place is full of deathtraps to keep people out. The place is locked up tight. The only way to get the door open is if you already have god like power.

(Y/n): we got 2 godslayer, so we don't have to worry about that.

Dice: just be careful, every legend about that gemstone ends with the person who tries to wield it going mad with power.

(Y/n): thank you for your time. Let's get going.

Before we left, Stella lunged at Dice in a bluff attack. Dice flinched. She walked next Lyric who wrapped his arm around her shoulder and kissed her forehead. Stella calmed down and smiled.

(Y/n): ok, off to the Blackrock Forest.