Chapter 52: Deadlock

(Y/n)'s POV

It was just an average day in Fairy Tail. I was sitting with Stella in the guild hall, playing some sort of card game. Meanwhile, Amber was sitting on the floor playing with Speckles. Lyric was at the request board, looking for a quest with a good reward.

Amber: who's a good boy? You are.

To be honest, and didn't really trust Amber to take care of that baby sand viper. But low and behold, she's caring for that thing like a champ.

(Y/n): *sigh* I fold.

Stella: HA! 12 in a row!

(Y/n): how are you so good at this.

Stella: a simple matter of luck.

Lyric finally walked over with a flyer and placed it on the table in front of me. I looked it over.

(Y/n): sure, this one looks fine.

We put the cards back in the box and prepared to leave.

Amber: so what's the job this time?

(Y/n): find this thing, kill it, simple.

Amber: again?!

(Y/n): you don't get to be an S-class wizard if you don't know how to fight. Besides, you need the experience.

Amber: HEY!

We walked towards the door, but when I was about to open it, a sudden blast ripped the door off it's hinges. We were launched across the room and when I landed I looked to see what the source was.

Through the smoke came a tall man with black hair and a 5 o'clock shadow. His posture alone showed that confidence was at an all-time high. He looked around the guild hall and saw everyone's shocked faces. He chuckled.

???: This is the guild that beat Grimoire Heart? Ha, now that's a surprise.

Gramps walked to the middle of the room and began questioning the man.

Makarov: who are you and why are you here?!

???: I'm Ace Kendran, and let's just say, I'm here to give 1 of you little fairies a warning.

He looked at Lyric.

Ace: you may think that everything's fine and dandy, but that won't last long. Our master won't rest until he destroys everything you love.

(Y/n): OH, WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP?!

I quickly took my sword out of it's scabbard and charged at the stranger.

Ace: FIREFLY!

At least 15 balls of fire sailed towards me and sent me flying into a wall.

Amber: ICE GOD SUB-ZERO BLADES!

She ran at him and leaped into the air above him.

Ace: FLASH DRAGON!

His palm glowed until there was a bright flash of light, that practically blinded Amber. The light quickly disappeared, revealing Amber swinging violently at nothing. Ace looked at her and shook his head.

Ace: pathetic.

He extended his palm towards her and it began glow again.

Ace: WILDFIRE!

Lyric suddenly ran over to Amber and pushed her out of the way of the blast. A massive explosion hit Lyric. The smoke cleared to show Lyric with terrible burns scattered across his body.

Ace: hm, I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm afraid I can't be the one to kill you. Our master said that he wants to look you in the eye as you breathe your last breath. However, he said the rest of your guild is mine to destroy.