Chapter 38: Lyric

(Y/n)'s POV

I was flying through the air to Eastwood Canyon. I had already eaten all my food. It began coming into view, a vast gorge covered in fog. I landed and started walking through it.

About 20 minutes of walking later I heard the distant sound of a pan flute. I followed the music and saw a massive boulder through the fog and a figure sitting on top of it. He held the pan flute in his hands and stopped playing when I was just beside the boulder looking up at him.

He hopped off and walked around it, standing in front of me. At this point I could get a good look at his appearance. He was like an inch taller than me. He had short, dark grey hair and an eye patch covering his right eye. There was a scar on his right cheek from who knows what. His eye was a deep blue color that seemed to be staring into my soul.

(Y/n): I'm guessing you're the one who sent me that le-

???: Did you know that this canyon was once a dragon war zone? Thousands upon thousands of dragon skeletons rest beneath our feet in the caverns below.

(Y/n): um, thanks for the history lesson. Now who are you?

???: The name's Lyric.

There was something strange about his tone of voice, seemed proud to have that name.

(Y/n): ok, so why did you want me to come here exactly?

Lyric: oh, it's quite simple. If we were to have a brawl in a populated area, who know how many casualties there'd be.

(Y/n): so, you did call me out here to fight.

He nodded.

(Y/n): alright then.

I pulled my arm back.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON RAGING FIST!

My fist was aim right at his chest, but before it made impact, he caught me by the wrist and grinned.

Lyric: ya know, we aren't so different, you and I. Our magic powers are similar in many ways, but I know 1 thing that makes us different. I don't hold back.

He let go of my arm and then proceeded to slap me across the face, sending me into the wall of the canyon.

(Y/n): AHH!

I crawled out of the crater I made in the wall and looked up at him. I ran over and pulled my arm back again, he did the same. While my red and white energy was surrounding my hand, I watched as red and black energy was surrounding his. I was surprised by this, and while I was distracted, he punch me right in the stomach, sending back into the crater.

I stood up and held my gut in pain.

(Y/n): how...how is that possible?!

Lyric: hm, I guess you could call me an apocalypse godslayer.

I was shocked. An apocalypse godslayer?

(Y/n): so you mean to tell me you we're trained by a god?

Lyric: something like that.

He just kept smiling at me. My rage began growing as the stress of the situation was overwhelming me.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON ROAR!

Lyric inhaled.

Lyric: APOCALYPSE GOD HOWL!

Our attacks collided, but his tore through mine and pushed me further into the wall. Lyric grabbed me by the collar and threw me out of the crater.

Lyric: didn't you hear what I said. I don't hold back, so neither should you.

I stood up and planted my feet firmly on the ground. He ran over to me and pulled his arm back again.