Chapter 45: The Clash Of Blades

(Y/n)'s POV

After the MPF event I didn't have time to rest cause I was first on the list to fight today.

Announcer: today's first battle will be (y/n) of Fairy Tail team B vs Kagura of Mermaid Heel!

I saw this chick yesterday. She fought this girl from Sabertooth and won by a landslide. The thing is she uses a sword like me, but she never takes it out if the scabbard. Yet her skills with it are astounding. If I wanted to win this, I had to stop pulling my punches.

I walked out onto the field, as did Kagura. We just stared at each other with expressions that said 1 of us was leaving battered and bruised.

I took my sword out if it's scabbard and waited for the fight to start.

Announcer: let the battle commence...NOW!

Lyric's POV

The announcer indicated for the fight to start, but (y/n) and Kagura just stood there, completely still.

???: What are they doing? Shouldn't they be fighting?

Lyric: isn't is obvious? They both had the same idea.

???: What?

Lyric: (y/n) was planning to stay completely still and wait until Kagura made the first move, but it looks like Kagura had the same plan in mind.

???: Well, what happens now?

Lyric: we play the waiting game.

Everyone in the arena sat in suspense for a full minute before Kagura grabbed the handle of her sword and rushed at (y/n). She swung at him, but he managed to parry her strike. He pushed his blade outward, sending Kagura back a few feet.

He then made his first attack. (Y/n) ran behind her and swung, but she was ready and blocked his attack. The sound of blades clashing echoed through the arena as their blades struck each other over and over again.

???: It would seem they're equally matched.

Lyric: don't forget, that kid managed to beat me with something I wasn't expecting. (Y/n) is always full of surprises. Now that he's unlocked his second origin I'm sure he has a few more that we haven't seen yet.

???: We'll just have to wait and see.

My attention turned back to the fight and it looked like (y/n) wasn't doing too well, so he decided to up the ante. He bit down on his thumb until blood came out. He then smeared it onto the blade of his sword. Suddenly, the cursed blade was engulfed in his white and red energy like fire.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON BLOOD RAGE BLADE!

He swung at Kagura again and she blocked it, but this time the strike hit her so hard that it managed to knock her off balance and send her tumbling to the floor.

???: Hm, this is new.

Lyric: the blood rage blade is able to increase the weight behind his strikes allowing him to hit harder. So now it's the equivalent of hitting a walnut with a warhammer.

He struck a few more times, but Kagura started dodging his attacks. She started sending out a flurry of attacks, leaving (y/n) on the defensive.

His wing sprouted from his back and he flew to the other side of the arena. (Y/n) held Meliode above his head and magic energy began surging through the blade. The blade suddenly separated from the hilt. It began cracking and breaking until it was reduced to hundreds of tiny shards of metal on the ground.

His friends in Fairy Tail looked on in shock. Given how protective he was of that sword I can understand their surprise.

Suddenly, the shards on the ground began glow and float upward. (Y/n) smiled.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON SHATTER SHARD NEEDLE!

He extended his hand towards Kagura and the needles shot towards her. She dodged them, but they just came right back at her. She ran around the arena from these flying shards of metal chasing her. Everytime she turned they would be right in front of her. She kept running until they started swirling around her, trapping her. She looked at (y/n). He pointed upward with a smile on his face. She followed his finger and looked up.

Above her was a hundred shard pointing down at her. (Y/n) move his hand down and the needles rushed down, bombarding Kagura. The shards came out of the cloud of dust they made and went back to (y/n). They returned to the hilt of his sword and it repaired itself.

Suddenly, when his guard was down, Kagura rushed through the dust cloud and hit (y/n) in the side with the handle with her sword. He dropped to 1 knee, clutching his side. The crowd went silent as they waited for something to happen next. (Y/n) struggled to get to his feet. He saw Kagura a few feet away from him. He plunged his sword into the dirt and I could feel the his magic power from the statue I was sitting on.

(Y/n): DRAGONSLAYER SECRET ART HYPERNOVA DRIVE!

Kagura rushed at him again and sent out another flurry of attacks, hitting him over and over again. He didn't even try to defend himself.

Suddenly, he caught Kagura's sword before it hit him and began chuckling. He pulled back his arm.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON RAGING FIST!

He hit her in the chest and it sent her flying into the wall at the other end of the arena.

???: Amazing, he seems to be even stronger than before.

Lyric: hypernova drive increases his attack, speed, and defense with every consecutive hit he takes. So technically the more damage he takes, the stronger he becomes.

He walked over and picked up his sword. He then ran over to Kagura at the speed of light and started sending out his own flurry of attacks. She started blocking them, but after a while it started becoming too much for her.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON BRIMSTONE SLASH!

That last strike knock Kagura back to the ground. (Y/n) flew up into the air and started plummeting back to the ground with his blade pointed at Kagura.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON CRITICAL STRIKE!

He landed and a bunch of dust was spread throughout the arena. Everyone looked on in suspense as the dust cleared, revealing (y/n) holding Kagura's sword above his head. She was still on the ground, eyes opened wide looking skyward. Her chest was rising and falling as she breathed.

(Y/n) looked at her, and then reached his hand down to help her up. She took it and got to her feet. He gave her back her sword and patted her on the shoulder.

(Y/n): good fight.