Chapter 16: The Juggernaut

(Y/n)'s POV

After that relaxing day at the spa, me and Oak decided to take up another job. It sounded pretty exciting, take down a monster in the mountains that's been going around terrorising local villages.

We already checked out 1 of the villages. They said the monster only comes out at night when it's dark, but would retreated whenever the sun came up. Some said that it's feet were so big, that the ground shook with every step. We thought it would be a good idea to look for it in the daytime so we could catch it when it was asleep.

Well, we we're making our way up the mountain, checking any caves we came across. It was a long way up and we were both getting tired.

Oak: I don't understand why we can't just fly.

(Y/n): if we fly we might miss something.

Oak: we've checked every cave on this mountain and every other mountain. Can we just rest for a bit.

(Y/n): I only rest when my body tells me to.

Oak: dude, your sweating like crazy and your breathing like a mad man.

(Y/n): look, this is the last mountain, and we're almost at the top. So shut up and deal with it.

As we approached the top of the mountain, we stopped and looked around only to find...nothing.

Oak: see, there's nothing here. Can we rest now.

My left eye twitched as my frustration grew more and more.

(Y/n): damnit, DAMNIT!

I pounded my fist in the ground, cracking the earth beneath us. Suddenly the ground started shaking. We looked around in confusion. Oak turned to me.

Oak: what did you do?!

(Y/n): I don't know, I didn't punch it that hard!

The mountain rose up, causing us to loose our balance and plummet to the ground. I sprouted my wings, just before I hit the ground and flew to a safe distance so I could see what was happening. There stood a massive creatures made out of stone and other minerals.

 There stood a massive creatures made out of stone and other minerals

Oak: so the monster wasn't in the mountain-

(Y/n): -it WAS the mountain.

The monster took a step forward, it's foot shaking the earth and crushing anything underneath it.

Oak: well, this is gonna be a challenge.

(Y/n): that's what makes this job fun.

I flew over to the creature's head and pulled my arm back.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON RAGING FIST!

My punch hit it right in the jaw. It staggered to the side as a bunch of forest creatures ran away in fear. The monster regained it's balance.