Chapter 41: Let The Games Begin

(Y/n)'s POV

Oak: it's finally time. We're gonna win the Grand Magic Games and restore our guild to it's former glory.

(Y/n): things are gonna change, little buddy. We're gonna beat Sabertooth and take back the title of number 1.

Gajeel: (y/n), stop talking to your cat and come on. they're about to call us out.

Unfortunately, I wasn't picked for the team that will be participating in the games. However, Gramps actually made a second team. The team consisted of me, Gajeel, Juvia, Laxus, and..."Mystogan". Yeah, Jellal decided to give Fairy Tail a hand by pretending to be Mystogan for the games.

Also, if our team wins, we get to boss the other team around for a week. I could probably get Natsu and Grey to do some of my household chores for me.

I should also mention that Fairy Tail's first master, Mavis Vermillion, decided to attend the games in the form of a ghost that only members of Fairy Tail can see.

Anyway, when we got on of the field everyone was surprised to see that Fairy Tail had 2 teams. The other guilds competing we're Lamia Scale, Mermaid Heal, Quarto Cerberus, Blue Pegasus, Raven Tail, Fairy Tail team A, and of course Sabertooth.

I should probably mention something. During the first day of the game, I felt a familiar glare on me. I felt the need to look up at one of the statues around the coliseum, and when I did I saw...him. Lyric.

When he noticed me looking back at him he gave me a friendly wave. I just scowled and turned away.

Lyric's POV

???: Maybe, attacking him wasn't the best idea.

Lyric: shut up, you know what I was doing. I just wanted to see how powerful he actually was.

???: And now it seems like he hates you with ever fiber of his being. When exactly are you planning to tell him?

Lyric: don't worry I'm gonna tell him, I might say hi to a few of his friends. Whatever the case, I need to warn him about what has yet to come.

???: And what if he doesn't believe you?

Lyric: I don't need him to believe me, I just need him to listen. Everything I've done up to this point has been for him. With all the lives I've taken, I don't blame him for hating me.

???: You weren't really the best person, even before he was born. If you don't mind me asking, what made you change?

Lyric: it was his mother, she brought me out of the darkness and into the light.

???: Is (y/n) really your motivation for all this, or is it something even more important to you?

I looked down.

Lyric: before he was taken from us...his mother...my dear Stella...would smile everyday as we woke up, fed him, put him to bed. He made her smile the most in her life. But when he was taken...her sweet smile was replaced with tears. I couldn't stand seeing her cry day after day, it broke my heart seeing her like that. So I left to find him, and here we are now.

???: Why don't you visit her, you know the village she lives in?

Lyric: I can't, I made a promise that I wouldn't return until I found him, and I can't get him to come with me until I gain his trust.

???: I see. You want to gain his trust before bringing him to see the one you love again.

Lyric: yes, and if I break that promise I can never call myself a man again.

???: Well, how about we stop the chitter chatter and focus on the games?

I saw my son facepalm and turned to back to the field. It would seem that 1 of his teammates is having a little trouble restraining herself as she hugs a clone of the ice wizard she loves, which costed them points.

(Y/n): DAMNIT, JUVIA!

Lyric: looks like the rain woman has a few issues.

???: It sure looks that way.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Fairy Tail team B facepalming.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was having a little bit of a walk with Erza next to me.

(Y/n): well, today was a complete train wreak.

Erza: don't beat yourselves up about it. We can still catch up to the others and win this thing.

(Y/n): really, cause the only good thing to happen to us so far is that we made it into the games in the first place.

Erza: I know Juvia may have costed you guys point, but it was really that member of Raven Tail's fault.

(Y/n): either way, she needs to control that obsession of hers.

Erza: well, I'm obsessed with you. Is that a problem?

She clung to my arm.

(Y/n): stop it, I'm trying to be mad.

Erza: come on, say it.

(Y/n) not gonna happen.

Erza: say it.

(Y/n): I said no, Erza.

Erza: come on, please?

(Y/n): ugh, fine...you mean the world to me.

Erza smiled and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

(Y/n): stop it, are you trying to make me blush.

Erza: haha, I can't help it. I love seeing your face turn pink like that.

She gave me a few more kisses and soon enough I was as red as her hair.

(Y/n): ok, stop before my head catches on fire.

Erza: hm, I just gave you a bunch of kisses, but where's mine?

(Y/n): hm, alright then.

I grabbed the love of my life by the shoulders and pressed our lips together. When I pulled away, she was as red as me.

(Y/n): ha, you can dish it out but you can't take it.

Erza: haha, shut up. Our guild mates are probably wondering where we are.

(Y/n): aw, but I wanna spend more time with you and give you more kisses.

Erza's face grew redder.

Erza: s-stop talking like that, we're in public.

(Y/n): come on, please?

Erza: (y/n), no.

(Y/n): please?

Erza: no!

(Y/n): please?!

Erza: NO!