Chapter 28: An Unexpected Change Of Heart

Brain's POV

Me and my comrades were now inside of our secret base. After we collected Wendy and that cat we had no use for those other wizards, but of course the wizard saint, Jura, had to intervene. The battle we had just returned from left a few of my comrades injured.

Cobra: man, that (y/n) guy really did a number on ya, huh Racer?

Racer: shut up, I don't know how, but he was too fast for me.

Cobra: yeah, I couldn't hear his thoughts either. All I heard were screams of fury, my ears are still ringing.

Hoteye: it looks like we've underestimated 1 of our opponents, oh yeah.

Angel: it was like the angrier he got, the stronger he became. How strange.

Brain: that's because he is the Apocalypse Dragonslayer, or as some call him, The Walking Apocalypse. He's able to use his own anger to increase his magic energy.

Cobra: so he's a dragonslayer, huh?

Brain: yes, not only that but he's also the son of the infamous Juggernaut.

Racer: seriously, he's that lunatic's son?

Brain: yes, so we shouldn't take his power lightly.

Cobra: so what's our next move, Brain?

Brain: we have the maiden of the sky, so his resurrection shall be imminent, for now you are to continue the search for Nirvana, and if you come across those wizard on your way...kill them.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) running alongside not so chibi Jura

(Y/n)'s POV

Me and Jura were running through the forest looking the Oración Seis' hide out. Along the way we got separated from Lyon and Sherry, so it was just the 2 of us. We had a run-in with some dark wizards but they weren't really a problem.

(Y/n): so how much longer till we find their hide out.

Jura: I have no idea, the Worthwood sea is a vast landscape that seems to go on forever. Who knows how long it will take to find it.

Suddenly Jura's head perked up, he put his arm out in front of me to stop me from running.

(Y/n): what's wrong?

Jura: we're not alone out here. Get ready.

I took my sword off of my back and prepared for battle.

Jura: you don't honestly think you can hide from us, show yourself.

The earth then suddenly began to soften and fold over us.

???: How silly of me to try and outfox a wizard saint and a dragonslayer, oh yeah.

I looked over and saw him, Hoteye.

Jura reacted quickly by hardening the earth and and shooting stone pillars at Hoteye. However, he blocked it with a magical shield that came out of nowhere.

Hoteye: we both use earth magic and yet our powers are so different. My heats up and softens the soil while yours solidifies it, oh yeah.

He then turned to me and grinned.

Hoteye: yours however is more of a destructive variety, being an apocalypse dragonslayer and all that. in term that makes you the perfect personification of destruction, oh yeah.

(Y/n): do you really have to finish every sentence with "oh yeah"? It's getting annoying.

Hoteye: I wonder, who's power is the strongest, don't you?