Chapter 59: A City Covered In Gold

(Y/n)'s POV

I was flying over that open sea as the wind sailed through my now white hair. When I finally got to the right spot. I took a deep breath and flew straight into the ocean. As I swam, I eventually found and underwater cave system.

I swam through it, and saw a light at the end. I started swimming upward and finally breathed in oxygen. I found myself in a massive, ruined city. But the first thing I saw was the dragon.

Dragon: hm, a feeble human finds himself in my home

Dragon: hm, a feeble human finds himself in my home. Tell me, are you here to take my treasure or have you come to die?

(Y/n): and who are you exactly?

Dragon: I am Thanatos, the death dragon. I am the collector of gold and jewels. Now, why have you come here. No one has entered my home in 200 years.

I crawled out of the water and climbed onto the hill made of gold. He inhaled my scent and his massive eyes widened.

Thanatos: that smell! You have some retaliation to Fatalis, don't you?!

(Y/n): he's my dad.

He seemed to flinch.

Thanatos: you're the son of Fatalis?

I nodded.

(Y/n): how do you know Fatalis?

Thanatos: 400 years ago, he was my friend, my brother if you could call him that.

(Y/n): wait so Fatalis was your brother?

I thought for a moment.

(Y/n): THAT WOULD MAKE YOU MY UNCLE!

Thanatos: UNCLE?!

(Y/n): anyway, we should get to the reason why I'm here. I didn't come here to take any of your treasure or anything like that. I actually came to give you something.

Thanatos: hm, interesting. No one has ever came to visit me with the intention of giving me something. What have you brought me?

I reached into my bag and pull out the necklace. His eyes widened again.

Thanatos: the stone of Eris!

(Y/n): Fatalis told me you'd protect this by any means necessary. This stone is too dangerous for anyone to control. So will you protect it?

Thanatos: y-yes.

He dug a hole in the hill of gold.