Chapter 14: Fairy Law

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke in a daze. After having my magic power drained by that crying guy, I wasn't in the best of shape. I sat up and looked around the room. My eyes landed on an old, pink-haired woman that was too familiar to me.

(Y/n): hey, Polyussica.

Polyussica: looks like you're finally awake.

(Y/n): What happened?

Polyussica: you and Makarov were hit with a spell that drained all the magic from your bodies.

(Y/n): I know that, I mean how did I get here?

Polyussica: the rest of your guild brought you here for me to treat you.

I looked around a little more and noticed that the master wasn't there.

(Y/n): so where's gramps.

Polyussica: he woke up before you and went off to join your friends. I swear, that man's going to get himself killed 1 of these days.

I got up, grabbed my sword, and walked to the door. I opened the door and looked back at Polyussica.

(Y/n): I know you hate humans and all, but for some reason you're always willing to treat the members of Fairy Tail. Thank you for that.

Polyussica: WOULD YOU JUST GO ALREADY?!

I just smiled and walked outside. I took a deep breath and ran to the guild hall. Half way there I noticed something in the sea behind the guild hall.

(Y/n): what the hell is that?

I sprouted my wings and flew up to get a better look. The first thing I saw was the guild hall reduced to a pile of rubble and debris, then I saw the giant robot standing in the water.

(Y/n): these Phantom creeps just wouldn't let up.

I flew over to the robot, and just then I saw an explosion come from the robot's side, followed by none other than the Iron Dragonslayer himself flying out of it. I flew over to the source of the explosion only to see Natsu, Lucy, and Happy.

(Y/n): guys!

Natsu: (y/n)?!

Happy: you're ok?!

(Y/n): yeah, I still feel a little weak though.

I then turned to Lucy and spoke.

(Y/n): so you're part of the Heartfilia family, huh?

Her head drooped.

Lucy: yes... apparently my father sent them to retrieve me.

(Y/n): you can explain the situation to me later, but for now, have you seen the master?

Natsu: no, why?

(Y/n): Polyussica said he left before me, so I assumed you saw him.

Lucy: we haven't seen him, maybe he's somewhere else in this place.

(Y/n): he must be going after Jose. I'm gonna go find him.

I ran off to find the master. It was obvious that he could take care of himself, but I more or less just wanted to get a few hits on Jose myself. On my way there, I came across a large group of Phantom members.

(Y/n): guess I could let off some more steam.

I charged at them and charged up my magic.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON WING ATTACK!

That attack sent all of them into a wall, knocking them unconscious. I continued sprinting through the building until I felt the whole place violently shake.

(Y/n): looks like I found the master.

I ran up to the top of the robot as fast a I could taking out any Phantom members I saw. I burst through the door and saw gramps and Jose standing across from each other, they both turned and looked at me.

Jose: well, look who decided to join us.

Makarov: leave him out of this, Jose. This is between you and me.

Jose: oh but Makarov, why shouldn't we let this monster of a man join us? It will only add to the fun.

(Y/n): I'm not a monster.

Jose turned his attention back to me.

Jose: what?

(Y/n): if my time in Fairy Tail has taught me anything, it's that it doesn't matter what people call you, what matters is what you call yourself.

I looked down for a moment.

(Y/n): I saw myself as a monster for a while, but being in Fairy Tail showed me that I was much more than that.

Jose scowled.

Makarov: reminding him of his past won't work on him any more. If anything, he's embraced who he is. Give up, Jose, our children have suffered enough.

Jose: hahaha, never.

Makarov: fine. I have a rule that seems to work well with my Fairy Tail kids. I'll give you till the count of 3 to do exactly as I say. Kneel to me.

Jose: what?

Makarov: 1

(Y/n): oh no.

Jose: so you want me to concede and kneel before you? NO WAY IN HELL!

Bright light began to resonate for the master hands.

Makarov: 2

(Y/n): you'd better listen to him, dude.

Jose: why would the master of the dark guild in this kingdom ever stoop so low as to kneel before you. Technically we are equally powerful, but my ability to be heartless make me even stronger.

Makarov: 3

(Y/n): I warned you.

Jose: you are the 1 who should be kneeling before me. Now you and your precious Fairy Tail children ARE GOING TO DIE!

Makarov: time's up.

Jose: this is it!

Jose sent a bunch of his dark magic towards the master. Gramps clapped his hand together and the spell disappeared. Light filled the room and surrounded Jose.

Makarov: I invoke Fairy Law.

Light filled the area as the buildings surrounding us collapsed. The dust cleared, reveal Jose, pale and terrified.

(Y/n): serves you right, asshole.

Makarov: you will never bother Fairy Tail again, understand. I'm sure the magic council will be watching us after all the chaos we've caused. You better be on your best behavior from now on, I know I will.

As the master began leaving, I saw the crying guy appear behind him. He started to charge his magic again. I ran over to him.

(Y/n): oh no you don't. APOCALYPSE DRAGON RAGING FIST!

and with that he was sent straight into the remains of a wall. His hat fell to the ground as the master spoke.

Makarov: the war is over, there's no reason for us to fight any more, but if you push me to the point of anger, I'll wipe out your entire guild without hesitation.

Gramps regained a cheery smile.

Makarov: now you kids get out of here, and take Jose.

The master turned to me.

Makarov: thank you for that, (y/n).

(Y/n): don't mention it.

I walked over, picked up the crying guys hat, and placed it on my head.

(Y/n): I'm taking this.