Chapter 21: Scaling The Tower

(Y/n)'s POV

     Me and the rest of the group were making our way further up the tower to find Natsu. We stopped in a room that was covered wall to wall with carvings of faces.

Simon: where do we go from here?

(Y/n): I'm not sure, Natsu's scent is fading.

Erza: well, he has to be around here somewhere.

Suddenly the eyes of the wall faces began glowing red.

???: I welcome you to the Tower of Heaven.

(Y/n): who the hell was that?

???: My name is Jellal and I am the ruler of this tower. I see the players have been arranged.

Grey: say what?

Simon: so he knows we're here. He could be lurking anywhere in the tower waiting for us.

Jellal: I'm delighted you've come all this way to see me. Shall we play a round of Heaven's Game?

Lucy: what is he talking about?

(Y/n): he sees this as a game.

Grey: what?

(Y/n): to him we're just pieces on a chess board and he's the hand moving every single piece.

Jellal: bravo, Disaster, you've figured it out.

(Y/n): well, looks like he can hear us.

Jellal: the rules are really quite simple, I wish to use Erza as a sacrifice for my ceremony to resurrect Lord Zeref.

I felt something inside me snap and my white scales rushed half way up my bicep upon hearing him say that sentence.

Sho: no, I won't let you.

Jellal: if I succeed the gates of heaven will open, crowning my victory. However if you can manage to find a way to stop me, you'll be the winners of the game. To make things a little more interesting, I've enlisted 3 knights to battle on my behalf.

Simon: 3 knights, who could they be?

Jellal: the only way you'll be able to get to me is if you defeat them, in other words, a 3 on 8 battle royal, and there's 1 more surprise, the magic council has the satellite square focused on this tower and it's highly likely they will attack. At this very moment they're in the midst of voting to fire an etherion blast.

(Y/n): this guy's a complete psychopath!

Jellal: there's no telling how much time is left, should the etherion strike, complete annihilation is imminent. No players left to win. Game over.

Lucy: what kind of messed up game is this?!

Erza: this doesn't make any sense to me. Why would the magic council resort to such drastic measures!

(Y/n): I don't know, but I'll be damned if I let this guy get away with this.

I saw Sho raise his hand towards Erza and trap her inside a playing card.

Grey: Erza!

Simon: what the hell do you think you're doing?!

Jellal: now then, let the game begin.

Sho: I won't let him lay a finger on her!

Erza: let me out of here!

Sho: I'll beat Jellal all by myself if I have to!

Sho then ran away to go fight Jellal.

Simon: no, you can't do it alone.

(Y/n): AHHHHHHHHH! GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE RAT!