Chapter 2: A Dragon's Fury

(Y/N)'S POV

Me and Oak landed at the edge of the city. The place was huge, buildings lined the streets for about a half mile or so before ending at the shoreline. We both noticed smoke and panicked cries coming from town square and began to run as fast as we could towards the source.

When we arrived, we saw at least 3 demolished houses. The wood that made up the interior was scorched black and embers littered the air.

(Y/n): what the hell happened here?

Oak: it looks like these buildings we're burnt down, but by what?

(Y/n): probably that monster we need to get rid of.

???: excuse me, you won't happen to be the Fairy Tail wizard we requested, would you?

(Y/n): yeah, whose asking?

???: I'm the mayor this city, thank you so much for coming.

(Y/n): no problem. Anyway, where is this thing.

Mayor: it lives in the ruins atop that mountain over there.

He extended his hand and pointed at a large mountain east of the city.

Mayor: many soldiers have gone up there to try and kill it, but none of them came back.

(Y/n): what did it look like?

Mayor: no one has been able to see it, it's always surrounded by a cloud of smoke when it attacks.

(Y/n): man, this monster sounds tough. Just the way I like it. I'll have that thing on your doorstep in about 2 hour.

Mayor: wait wha-

Before he could finish I transformed again and flew toward the ruins at the top of the mountain. Oak quickly caught up to me and spoke.

Oak: so, what's the plan?

(Y/n): find this thing, kill it, then leave. Simple.

Oak: why am I not surprised? You always rush into a fight without thinking of a strategy first.

(Y/n): And what do I always tell you whenever you bring this up?

Oak: you'll think it up as you go.

(Y/n): exactly.

Oak decided to take this opportunity to eat a watermelon he had stuffed in his bag.

(Y/n): didn't you just have a snack 5 minutes ago?

Oak: yeah, but I'm still hungry.

(Y/n): I swear, your stomach is bottomless. I've never seen you get full.

Oak: it's more of a blackhole if you ask me, besides your the same way. Don't act like I didn't see you shoving a few peices of turkey in your bag before we left.

(Y/n): well, you got me there.

Oak: ha, Oak for the-

(Y/n): shhh, we're here.

We landed and looked around for a bit. the whole place was destoryed aside from a few stone pillars and archways here and there, but what I saw first gave me chills. Weapons and bones littered the ground, they were most definitely the soldiers sent here before me.

I looked down and saw that Oak was shaking with fear.

Oak: w-what happened h-here?

(Y/n): if I had to guess, I'd say it was that monster.

We then heard low growling from a nearby cave. That was definitely it.