Chapter 48: The Grand Banquet

(Y/n)'s POV

(Y/n): DAMN TIE!

After the battle was over the king decided to throw party to thank us, and of course it was a formal event. Which meant I had to wear a suit.

Me and Oak made our way into the ball room and looked around.

Oak: fancy.

(Y/n): you can say that again.

Oak: fancy.

I saw Erza walking towards me. The dress she was wearing made her look stunning.

Erza: hello, love of my life. You look nice.

(Y/n): oh t-thanks.

Erza: so...aren't you gonna tell me how I look?

(Y/n): oh, well...I uh.

I didn't know how to answer. So many words were running through my mind.

(Y/n): *sigh* that dress makes you look so beautiful. When I saw you wearing it I felt like the luckiest man in the world.

I saw Erza's cheeks turn pink.

Erza: where did you learn how to be so flattering.

(Y/n): I read a lot of books.

Suddenly, we heard a loud whistle. I turned to the source and saw Lyric waving me over. I walked over and promptly started tugging on the collar of my suit.

Lyric: you alright there, kid?

(Y/n): ah, it's just this damn tie.

Lyric: let me see that.

He walked over to me and took my tie off. I then watched as the tie turned to dust.

(Y/n): woah.

Lyric: if you don't want your tie to be uncomfortable, don't wear a tie to begin with.

(Y/n): YOU'RE A GENIUS!

Lyric: thank you. Now sit down.

He sat down on a table and patted the space next to him. I sat down and he then handed me a bottle.

(Y/n): oh no, I don't drink.

Lyric: oh, come on. It's every father's dream to have a drink with his son at least once. Are you really gonna deprive me of that dream?

(Y/n): mm, fine.

I took the bottle, took a sip, and gagged.

Lyric: first time drinking?

(Y/n): uh, yeah.

Lyric: don't worry, you'll get used to it. Just take a few more sips and you'll be fine.

I took his advice and took a few more sips. After a while I got used to the taste and started drinking more. I wiped the alcoholic liquid for my lips.

(Y/n): I'm not gonna drink too much. I don't wanna get like Cana.

Lyric: haha yeah. It takes like 15 bottles of bourbon to get her shit-faced.

I noticed Erza, Grey, Oak, and Gajeel walking over to us.

Grey: sup, you two?

Lyric: not much, streaker.

Gajeel: we just came over to ask you something.

(Y/n): ok, shoot.

Oak: how exactly do you know each other?

Me and Lyric looked at each other.