Chapter 9: He's A Dead Man

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up in my bed after having that dream. The promise that I made to Fatalis ran through my head over and over again.

Fatalis: never loose that cheery attitude of yours.

I've been such a jerk lately, I need to keep that promise. I sat up and looked out the window. It was night time. How long was I out for? I got up from my bed and walked into the kitchen. Oak was sitting on the table, eating what seemed to be his dinner. He turned and saw me standing in the doorway.

Oak: oh, hey.

(Y/n): hey...look I'm sorry for my behavior lately. I was upset and just took my frustration out on you.

Oak: it's ok, looks like your back to your old self though.

(Y/n): it's good to BE back, buddy. Anyway, I'm starving.

An intoxicating smell entered my nose and my mouth began to water.

(Y/n): is that what I think it is?

Oak: yep, (f/f). Mira helped prepare it.

(Y/n): this is good way to wake up.

Oak: help yourself, you really need it.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) stuffing his face with (f/f)

After eating enough (f/f) to feed a small army, me and Oak just sat in the kitchen.

(Y/n): dude, I think that was best meal I've ever had.

Oak: well, if you haven't eaten in 2 days, any meal is gonna be the best. You missed a lot when you fell unconscious too.

(Y/n): what happened?

Oak: turns out Macao disguised himself as Natsu so the real Natsu could go after Erza. He said he owed him a favor.

(Y/n): why am I not surprised? That is totally something they'd come up with. Erza it gonna be so pissed.

Oak: let's just hope she doesn't kill him.

(Y/n): na, Erza's probably gonna torture him before she kills him.

Oak: well, they're gonna be back tomorrow. it sucks that the fight was interrupted by that frog lady though

(Y/n): I bet you 20 jewel, he'll try to start the fight again.

Oak: you're on.

After making that bet me and Oak went to bed, but I wasn't able to sleep for a while cause I just woke half an hour ago.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) tossing and turning in bed

Me and Oak we're walking through Magnolia to the guild hall. We we're just chatting about random stuff. When we arrived, we heard something going on inside. As we enter, I heard the cocky tone of Laxus.

Laxus: the most powerful 1 in the guild isn't a chick or some hooded weirdo. Ya wanna know what the strongest wizard looks like? Your looking right at him.

Me and Laxus kinda had a 1 sided rivalry. He saw me as a rival, but I just saw him as a sore loser.

(Y/n): hey guys, what'd I miss?

Everyone turned to me and I saw Laxus scowl.

Laxus: well, looks like (y/n) finally decided to show up.

He then sent a quick bolt of lightning at me. I reacted just in time to stop it from hitting me. As it was heading right for me, I took my sword out of it's scabbard and threw it into the air. The lightning bolt was only inches from my face when it went in the direction of my sword and struck the blade. My sword dropped to the floor and had lightning surging up and down it. I picked it up and put it back in the scabbard.

(Y/n): that was a good attempt, but you're gonna have to try hard then that, Laxus.

I could see the veins on his head bulge as he became more and more angry.

Laxus: DON'T YOU DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT, YOU LITTLE PUNK! I'LL COME DOWN THERE AND KICK YOUR ASS MYSELF IF I HAVE TO!

Makarov: Laxus!

He turned to the master.

Makarov: that's enough.

Laxus scoffed and retreated into his little corner of the 2nd floor. After that Lucy, Grey, and Erza approached me.

(Y/n): so how was jail, Erza?

Erza: *sarcastically* haha, very funny.

Lucy: WHAT WAS THAT?!

(Y/n): me and Laxus fight ever once in a while. I usually use my sword as a lightning rod so he can't land any attacks on me.

Lucy: that's amazing!

Grey: looks like your acting like your normal self again.

(Y/n): *nods* anyway, what exactly started that?

Erza: well, it started off with Natsu trying to reinitiate our fight from yesterday.

I extended my arm out to Oak and he places 20 jewel in my hand.

Erza: then Mystogan showed up and put everyone to sleep. After that, Natsu challenged Laxus to a fight. Laxus started saying how he was the strongest wizard in Fairy Tail, and that's when you walked in.

(Y/n): so the usual?

Grey: yep.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) watching the sun setting and rising.

the day after, I was just sitting at a table eating my lunch when Erza came up to me.

Erza: (y/n), I need your help with something.

(Y/n): whatcha need?

Erza sat down across from me and sighed.

Erza: Natsu, Lucy, and Happy took an S-class job from the 2nd floor, they left this morning without telling anyone else. I sent Grey to go retrieve them, but he's yet to return. So I want you to come with me that get them.

I stayed silent for a little bit.

(Y/n): so what your saying is that Natsu went on an S-class, completely disobeyed Gramps' order, and is now on an extremely dangerous mission that just might get him killed?

Erza: yes.

(Y/n): ...

Erza: ...

(Y/n): ...

Erza: ...

(Y/n): he's a dead man.