Chapter 8: Remember

Oak's POV

It's been a few days since me and (y/n) visited that old cabin. Ever since we got back to the tree house, he's been refusing to leave, he says he needs time to think. All he's been doing is laying face down on his bed, he hasn't even gotten up for food. I entered our room and tried to talk him into leaving.

Oak: (y/n), you up?

(Y/n): ...yeah, I'm up, I haven't slept in days. What do you want?

Oak: the others finally got back yesterday.

(Y/n): ...cool.

Oak: is that really all you have to say? You've been laying in bed ever since we found that cabin. You need to get up and move around, Get something to eat, or at least say hi to our friends. Your acting like some kind of hermit.

(Y/n): I'm taking this from someone who has the intelligence of the kitchen shelf.

Oak: hey, I know your still on edge about your parents, but you can't just insult someone who's only trying to help.

He stayed silent for a bit before sighing and sitting up on his bed.

(Y/n): your right, I'm sorry. It's just...when I was a kid, Fatalis was the only family I had, and finding out that I actually had parents just put me on an emotional rollercoaster. There are so many questions running through my head. Are they still looking? Are they still alive? Do they think I'm dead?

Oak: dude, don't worry about that right now. Come on let's go say hi to the others. You might wanna change your clothes too.

He did what I asked and changed out of his old clothes and into some new ones. As we walked out the door (y/n) squinted his eyes from the sunlight. Yeah, not going outside for a long time will do that to ya.

When we arrived at the guild hall, we saw a huge crowd of people standing in front of it.

(Y/n): what's going on?

Oak: I have no idea.

We saw Lucy and Grey, so we decided to ask them about it.

Oak: hey guys, what's happening here?

They turned and immediately saw (y/n)'s condition

Lucy: WOAH, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!

Grey: dude, you look like you were run over by a train!

(Y/n): wow, it's great to see you too.

Lucy: seriously, what happened to you?!

Oak: he's got a lot of stuff going on right now. Anyway, why are all these people here?

Grey: well, before you guys got to the train station the other day, Natsu challenged Erza to a rematch. She accepted it, and now they're about to fight.

We moved to the front of the crowd and saw Natsu and Erza stand across from each other.

Erza: it's been quite a while since we've squared off like this hasn't it, Natsu?

Natsu: I was just a little kid back then, today's gonna be different cause I'm taking you down Erza.

Erza: well, I'm not gonna go easy on you, infact I have the perfect armor for this occasion.

Erza changed into her flame empress armor just as the fight was about to start.

Natsu: wow, flame empress armor, huh. Good news for me, that means I can turn up the heat as much as I want to.

Makarov: round 1, start!

They both started fighting and everyone began to cheer. I looked at (y/n) and saw that he had a nonchalant look on his face.