Chapter 3: The Scarlet Warrior's Return

(Y/N)'S POV

Me and Oak walked into the guild hall to see the usual, Natsu and Grey arguing. They were saying very lazy insults to each other as Lucy just watched it unfold. I had to end this.

(Y/n): hey Natsu, I brought ya something.

Natsu ended his fight with Grey and ran over to me.

Natsu: what is it?!

I reached into Oak's bag and took out the souvenir I got for him. Natsu took it and looked at it, he seemed confused.

Natsu: what's this?

(Y/n): a dragon's horn

His reaction was priceless. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped to the floor.

Natsu: WHAT, YOU FOUGHT A DRAGON?!

(Y/n): yep, and before you say anything. I asked him about Fatalis and Igneel, but he wouldn't talk.

Natsu: well, that sucks. If I was there, I'd beat it out of him myself.

(Y/n): so, where's gramps?

Mira: oh, he's at a conference right now, so he won't be back for a while.

(Y/n): well, when will he be getting ba-

Loke: I GOT BAD NEWS!

Everybody fell silent to hear what Loke hade to say.

Loke: it's Erza, she's on her way here!

Everyone started panicking.

Lucy: woah, just mention Erza and the whole place freaks out.

Mira: well, she is the strongest female wizard in Fairy Tail, more than a bit intimidating

Lucy turned her attention to me, she seemed surprised that I was the only 1 not panicking.

Lucy: why aren't you scared like everyone else.

(Y/n): I'm 1 of the few members of Fairy Tail who can actually win in a fight with Erza, so she doesn't really intimidate me.

Mira: it's true, on (y/n)'s first day in Fairy Tail, he punched Erza so hard, it made a crater in the wall.

Everyone went silent when we heard distant footsteps.

Laki: that's gotta be her.

Wakaba: those sound like her footsteps.

Macao: even the air's gone completely still.

Lucy's POV

Lucy: I'm so scared!

Judging from all of these reactions, almost everybody seemed absolutely terrified of Erza. A black silhouette carrying a massive object entered the guild hall. The figure set the huge object down in the middle of the room. There stood an armor clad wizard with long red hair.

Erza: I have returned, where is master Makarov?

Lucy: wow, she's pretty.

Mira: welcome back, Erza. The master's at a conference right now.

Erza: I see.

???: So, what's that humongous thing you've got there?

Erza: it's the horn of a monster I defeated. The locals were so thankful that they decorated it and gave it to me as a souvenir. Do you have a problem with it?

???: No, not at all!

(Y/n): yeah, whenever the master's not here, Erza's basically in charge.

Lucy: she seems pretty good at it.

Erza then began to scold everyone about Fairy Tail causing nothing but trouble.

Lucy: man, she's really taking over.

Happy: that's Erza for ya.

She then turn her attention to (y/n). Erza walked up to him until she was only 2 feet in front of him.

Erza: and as for you, (y/n).

They both had stern looks on their faces. It looked like they were trying to kill each other with a single stare. To my surprise, Erza then smiled at him.

Erza: I heard you defeated a dragon, I'm impressed.

(Y/n): well, that giant lizard should've known not to piss me off, now he's dead in the dirt.

I was completely dumbfounded, she was just scolding the other guild members, but now she was praising (y/n).

Erza: now, are Grey and Natsu here?

I look over to the both of them and my jaw dropped.

Grey: oh, hey there Erza. We're just hanging out like good friends tend to do.

Natsu: aye.

Lucy: WHY IS NATSU TALKING LIKE HAPPY?!

I heard (y/n) chuckle a bit.

Erza: that's great. I'm quite pleased to see you 2 getting along so well.

(Y/n): *sarcastically* yeah, they've gotten along sooooo much lately.

Erza: how ever, it only natural for even the best of friends to lock horns every now and again.

(Y/n)'s light chuckling turned into hysterical laughter.

Grey: I don't know if we're the best of friends.

Natsu: aye.

Lucy: what's gotten into Natsu?!

(Y/n): don't worry, this always happens when Erza gets back from a mission. They act like best friends just so she won't beat the crap out of them.

Erza: Natsu, Grey, (y/n), I need you to do me a favor. While traveling I over heard something that has me worried. Normally I would consult with the master before acting, but he's not here and this is a matter of utmost urgency. The 3 of you are the strongest wizards here, I could really use your help.

The entire guild hall looked surprised.

Erza: we'll meet at the train station tomorrow morning.

Mira: Erza, Natsu, (y/n), and Grey working together, I never saw that one coming. This might be the strongest team Fairy Tail's ever seen.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi Natsu and Grey pretending to be friends while chibi (y/n) is on the floor laughing.

(Y/N)'S POV

It was about that time where everyone was leaving the guild hall, so me and Oak decide that we should probably get home too. As we were leaving the building, someone called out to me.

???: (Y/n), may I speak with you for a moment?

We both turned and saw the fairy queen, Titania herself.

(Y/n): sure, what do you need, Erza?

Erza: it's about the mission I asked you to accompany me on. You don't have to join us if you don't want to.

(Y/n): what make you think I wouldn't want to come with you guys?

Erza: I remember you and Oak saying that the both of you were taking the week off. I thought you might want to stay home and rest.

(Y/n): Erza, I just woke up from a 3 day long nap this morning, so I think I've gotten plenty of rest.

Erza: if you say so, then I won't stop you. I'll see you at the train station tomorrow.

(Y/n): see ya later, Erza.