♡A Sudden Turn♡

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1989|

You stood in front of the full length mirror and smiled at your reflection. You had on a blue dress that fell to your knees, made to look elegant with lace sleeves. Your best friend and roommate of two years, Luisa, was seated at the edge of the bed - admiring you as you got ready.

You were getting ready to meet the parents of your boyfriend of one year, Michael Jackson. Yes, you were dating the King of Pop - the man that the world adored. He was an entertainer to the world, and a true man to you. You loved him very dearly, and things between the both of you were pretty serious.

In a few minutes, he was to come to the house that you shared with Luisa to pick you up and take you to his family home. You were also going to meet the rest of his family, and you were rather nervous.

Running your hands over outfit, you turned to face your best friend. She smiled as you let out a breath.

"(Y/N), you look stunning," she laughed. "And you're not even wearing makeup," she stood up.

You grinned and shook your head. Your hands were cold, and your feet were trembling. You were very nervous. You hoped that his parents and siblings would like you. You wanted their approval.

"Thanks, girl," you smiled at your best friend, walking over to the closet and opening it. You fetched a pair of black ballet flats, and a grey cardigan - slipping on the latter and fluffing your hair out.

Placing the shoes onto the carpeted floor, you put them on slowly. Luisa stood there, keeping her eyes on you. Your purse and keys were on your dressing table, so you walked over and grabbed them.

"(Y/N), calm down," Luisa giggled. "You look so nervous,"

"I am nervous," you held your items close to you and made your way to the bedroom door, opening it. "I really hope his family approve of me," you remarked as Luisa walked out of the room, brushing past you in the process.

You closed the door and sighed, shaking your head. Running your hands over your outfit again, you followed Luisa down the staircase. Getting to the bottom, you both made your way into the kitchen, settling down at the dining table.

Placing the aforementioned on the surface, you chewed gently on your lip. It was eleven in the morning, and the sun was bright. The day was simply beautiful.

"So you're going to meet his parents," Luisa raised an eyebrow. "And you're worried as to whether or not they'll like you,"

"Fact," you nodded.

"(Y/N), you're beautiful, smart, and talented. His family would be dumb if they didn't like you,"

You broke into a small smile and shook your head. Luisa always knew what to say. Fiddling with your fingers, you conversed with Luisa for the next few minutes before someone knocked at the front door.

Your eyes widened as you stood up, grabbing your purse from the table. "That'll be Michael," you said as you walked toward the front door. Opening it, you saw that Michael was standing before you - just as you had expected.

Luisa stood up, and walked over to stand next to you.

"You look beautiful," he looked at you, scanning your form. "Are you ready?" he smiled.

You blushed and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear before stepping out to join him. Luisa held the door open as she gazed at you and your boyfriend.

"Take care, and have fun," she spoke to the both of you.

You waved at her as she shut the door. Following Michael to his car, you took in a deep breath. He opened the door for you, and let you into the front passenger seat before shutting your door. He did the same to his side, and proceeded to rest his hands on the steering wheel.

"You're simply gorgeous," he looked at you, making you blush. "My family is sure to love you,"

•❊•

The ride lasted for about an hour, and you and Michael talked along the way. He continued to gawk over how beautiful you were, and you felt lucky. He was an amazing man - a person that you were very much in love with.

"I'm so nervous," you laughed a little as Michael kept his eyes on the road.

"Baby, don't be," he responded. "I know that they're all going to love you,"

You stared at Michael and smiled. He noticed that you were staring, so he turned his head to look at you.

"Relax," he laughed. "Just-"

The last thing you heard was the loud sound of a crash before everything went black.

~•❊•~
This one wasn't very good, my apologies!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|