•❊The Attempt|Part Three❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

You were seated by Janet's bed, watching her as she slept peacefully. You had returned to the room when you had realized that she was asleep. Her stomach moved up and down, creating a pattern as she breathed. Her hans were resting on her abdomen, and her face was wet from all the crying she had done. Fiddling with your wedding ring, you kept your eyes on your sister-in-law.

Michael had not returned yet, so you were all alone.

The sky had begun to grow dark, and through the window, you could see the stars beginning to appear. The large curtains were drawn open, allowing you to see the sky perfectly.

A frown was present on your face as you recollected the memory of Janet telling you that she wanted to be like you. You were clueless as to why she wanted to be just like you.

She was talented and smart, possessing the rare quality of originality. Her music was extremely commendable, and her dancing was the embodiment of perfection - of true talent. She had everything, making it harder to believe that she envied you.

Janet was a sweet girl, and you loved her like your own sister. It was hell to see her suffering. She deserved so much better.

She deserved to be happy.

Looking around the room, you let out a sigh. The lights were turned on, yet the place seemed dull. The air was cold, making you shiver slightly. Your eyes were tired, and you felt like sleeping.

However, you chose not to do so because you wanted to keep an eye on Janet.

Suddenly, the room door opened - and Michael walked in. He had a bag full of groceries in his hands. He looked drained and tired, breathing heavily.

"I'm back," he said quietly.

You smiled a little before clearing your throat. "How's Katherine?" you inquired.

"Shocked," he responded. "She'll be down here to visit, later today,"

"That's good," you nodded.

Suddenly, Janet began to groan quietly before she opened her eyes. She looked around the room, her eyes lingering on you for a second before she directed her attention to Michael. He walked up to her and took her hand in his.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

Janet sat up slowly and flashed him a weak smile. "I'm fine," she looked at you again before looking at her brother. "Just...a little weak,"

"You need to rest properly," Michael remarked.

Janet broke into a small smile, looking at you once again before bringing her eyes to meet Michael. Again, it was clear that she felt uncomfortable with you in the room.

"I'll wait outside," you gestured to the door before approaching it and pulling it open. You glanced at Michael, and he flashed you a reassuring smile.

Stepping out, you closed the door. You leaned against the wall and closed your eyes for a brief moment before opening them again.

Suddenly, a female nurse approached. She had red hair, and striking green eyes. Holding her folder in hand, she flashed you a small smile.

Opening the door, she entered the room as you stood aside. The doctor closed the door, leaving you on your own again.

A frown was present on your face. You hoped that Janet was okay. You waited for a few minutes before the door opened again. The doctor walked out, and Michael followed. He pulled the door shut and smiled a little at the doctor before she walked away.

Once she had disappeared, Michael shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants before letting out a tired sigh. He looked a tad bit troubled.

"What did the doctor say?" you asked softly. "Is she alright?"

"Kind of," he shook his head. "She...." he trailed off and raised his eyebrows. "She just lost the baby,"

A miscarriage.

~❊♡❊~
Okay, this one really did suck, even you can't deny that.
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|