•❊Overheard❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

Additional characters in this story:

•Janet (Michael's sister)

•Macaulay Culkin

•Michael's cousins (Whom I do not know the names of)

✽SET IN THE BAD/DANGEROUS ERA✽

|1990|

You giggled loudly as you ran along the ground that was decorated with the purest of green grass. Your hair seemed to take on a life of its own as constant breaths of wind made itself present. A black dress, that fell to your knees, was all that hung from your frame - emphasizing the desirable curves of your body.

Your feet moved swiftly, protected by the material of the black ballet flats that you had on. At present moment, you were playing with Michael, Janet, and Mac, along with some of Michael's cousins. Now, you worked as a personal assistant to Michael, and you had been in possession of that role for the past six months.

Working for Michael meant that you were able to spend a lot of time with him, allowing you to learn valuable life lessons that being in his presence had to offer. During the time that you had shared with him, you had begun to uncover the, metaphorical, mask that had covered his face when he had initially met you. In the beginning, he had been very shy, always keeping to himself for most of the time. You would constantly catching him staring, when you weren't looking at him, and in instances where you had caught him - his face would turn bright red.

Of course, it did not take long for Michael to warm up to you, for you were a very loving person. For you, showing kindness and love, to other people, was something that you reckoned was very important. The reality of the world was already tainted and corrupt, the last thing people needed was to let hate manifest in their hearts.

It was because of this that you had grown up to be one of the most understanding people that had ever walked the face of the earth. Michael was quick to notice how different you were, in contrast to many other people that he had come across.

In no time, he had opened up to you - displaying the image of whom he truly was. He was a kind man that knew how to love like no other. Possessing raw talent, a big heart, and a childlike nature - he was the embodiment of a pure human being, and that appealed to you a great deal. His wit was sharp, and his tongue was quick - but he never abused those qualities that made him who he was.

During the six months that you had worked for the man, you had started to develop feelings for him - feelings that were far from impersonal. At first, you were unsure as to how you had felt. It was easy to admit to yourself that you were fond of Michael, but it had taken you a tad bit longer to truly identify how much you were fond of him. In time, you had realized that you were fond of him enough to love him.

Of course, you had said nothing to him, for you did not want to betray his trust. He had confided in you many times, expressing how cruel he thought the world to be - even mentioning that most of the people in his life were purely wicked, people that could not be trusted. You did not want to be one of those people, you refused to let it happen.

What you were going to do with your feelings, you did not know. It was clear that you could not keep your feelings hidden forever, but you wanted it to remain that way until you had found a valid solution. Under no circumstances did you want to act without carefully thinking about the situation.